Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Global price change?

Hello,

With all of the economic issues recently, the Australian dollars value has been bouncing up and down a fair bit, meaning that I'm having to constantly change the prices of products in my store (I get them overseas, paying in US dollars).

As opposed to manually editing the prices for dozens and dozens of products, is there some module (or SQL query) that I can use to increase/decrease the price of ALL items in the entire store?

Thanks for your help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Global price change?

If the price of all products were the same it would be easy to do via an SQL query, but if you need to increase/decrease all prices by a percentage using an SQL query that's out of my league I'm afraid.

For a straight forward update of a uniform price the SQL query would be:

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price = '9.99';
    where 9.99 was the new price.

Maybe someone else here can advise on how to do it using percentage calculations.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Actually, thinking about it, if you use more than one currency on your store and the Australian Dollar was not the default currency then you could do it by manually updating the exchange rate of the Australian Dollar relative to the Default Currency. That would apply to all products.

If the only currency is the Australian Dollar then I admit I haven't tried to see what would happen to product prices if the default currency was NOT set to 1.00, but to 0.95 or 1.05

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, thanks anyway mate. A large number of my products are the same price, but a good 50% of the stock varies in price.

You mentioned increases by a percentage - is there a query that would allow an increase by a set dollar amount? e.g. increase all stock by, say $7.50, or something (it's okay if you don't know the query itself I'm just wondering if one exists)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, only just noticed the second post - appeared while I was replying to the other one.

To answer the question, yep, I use only the Australian dollar. I can see your point though - if the US currency was my default, then editing the exchange rate would be a great way for me to edit the prices. I only ship locally though, which is why AUD is the sole currency.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Alynn View Post
    Sorry, only just noticed the second post - appeared while I was replying to the other one.

To answer the question, yep, I use only the Australian dollar. I can see your point though - if the US currency was my default, then editing the exchange rate would be a great way for me to edit the prices. I only ship locally though, which is why AUD is the sole currency.
    Hi,
    Does that really matter though?
    Couldn't you put the US dollar on the shop admin and make it the one that all other currencies refer to.
    Then, when the US dollar goes up or down, the value of the other currencies should change.
    If you are taking payments by Paypal or credit cards etc wouldn't they take whatever currency the customer pays in and change it to whatever you use?
    This might seem a bit clumsy, but it seems to me if the US currency is causing your price changes, however inadvertently, if you relate your currency to the US dollar it might save you having to change all those prices.
    Regards
    ###### Elston
    http://www.artyfactsforcrafts.com
    http://www.welshwiccashop.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Maybe someone else here can advise on how to do it using percentage calculations.
    I ended up getting the answer from a mate of mine.

The query that did the job was:

Code:
    UPDATE `zen_products` SET `products_price`=`products_price`+7.50
    Last edited by Nick Alynn; 11 Oct 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

And if you wanted to increase the price by a fixed percentage, say 25%, all you needed to do was

Code:
    UPDATE `zen_products` SET `products_price`=`products_price`*1.25

Plugin Contributions

Couple things on updates to prices in the products table ...

1 be sure to note that zen_products table is really the products table so check your database table prefix before running the command ...

The better place to run this would be in the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ... and do so without the prefix as this will adjust the UPDATE correctly for your prefixes if you run those as, note semi-colon on the end or each line:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price= products_price *1.25;
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price= products_price +7.50;
    2 after changing prices, you should run from the Tools ... Store Manager ... the Update Price Sorter ...

Caution: if you use specials, these specials are not adjusted so be sure to consider the results of price changes ...

WARNING: Before doing any changes like this a Backup is always a good idea ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    1 be sure to note that zen_products table is really the products table so check your database table prefix before running the command ...
    I used Fantastico to install my Z/C, so my tables run under zen_name

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast