Plugin Contributions

Default Handling fee not on invoice

I am using UPS and USPS shipping modules. The modules seem to work fine except I'm not seeing the handling fees that I've added to each shipping module's config settings.

zencart v 1.3.8a

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Handling fee not on invoice

I'm not seeing something either.

Are you saying that you don't see a line item saying "handling: $0.75" or that the normal Priority Mail of $4.80 doesn't show up as $5.30?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I'm not seeing something either.

Are you saying that you don't see a line item saying "handling: $0.75" or that the normal Priority Mail of $4.80 doesn't show up as $5.30?
    The latter: the handling is not being added to the shipping cost.

The way I understand handling is that there isn't a separate line item but rather the handling is added to the shipping costs.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I am using the wrong format.

Under Handling Fee, I'm entering 5.95, is this ok or do I need to use another format?

Thanks, Mike

Plugin Contributions

your site?

Plugin Contributions

My bad. I didn't establish a baseline. The handling fees are being added to the shipping costs.

I think what happened is this. Initially, I assumed there would be an additional line item on the payment page. After I saw that there wasn't an additional line item, I got busy with other tasks and when I got back to it I didn't think to compare costs against a baseline, like zero handling fees. After going in circles, for hours, I finally realized my error.

So, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    your site?
    https://mcewww.cec.umt.edu/carhart

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

Thanks, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going
    and even more gladderer () that you explained what happened for the masses.

Couple of things that I would do if the site were mine.
    1. I think the "Your IP Adress is..." scares a lot of folks, so I remove it.
    2. I change the nav breadcrumb to show on all but the home page. They're already there so why have a link to where you are?
    3. You have an empty <h1> and <h2> in the indexDefault portion of the main page. This causes the gap between the current navbreadcrumb "home" and the "Welcome to the..."
    4. The last will take some work but I think you'll like the result. BACKUP FIRST.

This involves rearranging the headerWrapper to move the logo.gif into the background for the NavMainWrapper, and get rid of the logoWrapper and not changing the tile.gif.

A sample of the result can be seen without changing any files if you have FF and firebug as an add-on. Using firebug, click on inspect and then select the headerWrapper. Inside that, select the navMainWrapper. In the right window of firebug, click in front of background-image it will disappear from the page to show just gray at the top. Next, click in front of background-color and the gray will go away. The home and login links will look funky but it will let you see how clean the look would be.

By -putting the logo in the background and removing the logoWrapper, the image of the moon will be at the top of the page. (adjustable with padding not margin) and the links on the left with the search on the right.

Lastly, you will need to go to line 281 of your stylesheet.css and break-out the navMain ul li a from the others in order to change the color from white. I'd suggest using the color of the wolf (#660000).

<TOTALLY OPTIONAL>
    I would change the tile.gif to a more earthen color better complimenting the wolf and possibly change the body color from black to a more complimetary color like #66000.
    </TOTALLY OPTIONAL>

Here's what it might look like with all I talked about except removing the logoWrapper.