Plugin Contributions

red flag Imported Old Database - Site Not Working!

PLease please can someone help me? I am moving my site to a new server. All installed and have imported the database from previous site. I have now reached the part in instructions where I upload fix_cache_key.php. I have done this. Instructions tell me to open this file in my browser - nothing will happen.

At the moment when I go to my site I simply get this message:

1146 Table 'plantperfection_co_uk_skyegospel.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

I have searched and found other threads that mentioin this error but can't seem to find a solution. If any one can help (in simple beginners language) I would really appreciate it.

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default ALMOST FIXED... But Where are my images?!?!

Error message now sorted and database seems ok, BUT for some reason none of my product or category images are displaying, presumably due to some info missing on the database??

Any help gratefully received,

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default ALL ISSUES SORTED - I'm a numpty! (no text)

All sorted now

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Imported Old Database - Site Not Working!

If you know , would you post your solution for others in the community to find
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Sure - I hadn't fully thought things through. When I was uploading the old site I had assumed all the images were included so just uploaded all I had on my hard drive of the site. I forgot of course that product and category images are uploaded separately whilest each product is added so they were never added to my offline images folder - just to the online version off it! I hadn't backed up the site because I just kind of assumed that i it has already been uploaded from my hard drive the only parts that would be different would be the database, but I had forgotten all about the images

I downloaded the images file from the old host, uploaded that file over the images file on the new host, and all is back to normal again!

I hope this helps somebody. The lesson - read and follow the zen cart instructions carefully! They said to back-up the old site fully and I assumed I'd just need to back up the database.

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by skyegospel View Post
    Sure - I hadn't fully thought things through. When I was uploading the old site I had assumed all the images were included so just uploaded all I had on my hard drive of the site. I forgot of course that product and category images are uploaded separately whilest each product is added so they were never added to my offline images folder - just to the online version off it! I hadn't backed up the site because I just kind of assumed that i it has already been uploaded from my hard drive the only parts that would be different would be the database, but I had forgotten all about the images

I downloaded the images file from the old host, uploaded that file over the images file on the new host, and all is back to normal again!

I hope this helps somebody. The lesson - read and follow the zen cart instructions carefully! They said to back-up the old site fully and I assumed I'd just need to back up the database.

Stuart
    I have a similar probelm.
    I can see all my categories with the pictures that go with them.
    I just haven't got any products or any zones defined.
    I DID copy over the whole site as well as import the database and all the photos are there on the server, but there are no product photos on the site, in fact there are no products period.
    I can see 700+ entries under products in the database and about 147 entries under zones, but there is nothing in the site admin or in the shop.
    Can anyone help please?
    It's an awful lot of work to do to put them all in there again.
    Regards
    ###### Elston
    http://www.artyfactsforcrafts.com
    http://www.craftpaints.co.uk
    http://www.welshwiccashop.com