Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not showing up in admin/customers/orders

I've browsed down through the threads back to 2006, looking for problems that cause order info not to show up in the admin/customers/orders

I'm using version 1.3.8a My admin/modules/order totals shows that all of the modules are installed and enabled and have differing sort orders, EXCEPT that the first 3 aren't installed. Those are the COD fee, discount coupon and group discount modules which I didn't intend to use.

The orders do show up in PayPal and I receive notification emails telling me of the order.

I can view the order data by going to admin/customers/orders and searching on the order number, then it all appears. Whew, at least it's in there somewhere!

Shouldn't I see something under admin/customers/orders other than a blank screen below the orders tab? I do have the blue bar that lists: ID, Payment/Shipping, Customer, etc... but nothing below that bar.
    Last edited by vfrazier; 19 Oct 2008 at 04:27 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not showing up in admin/customers/orders

Same here. I've also searched threads, google, etc and haven't found an answer that works.

I have the same issue on a cart running 1.3.8a. It happens with both credit card and paypal orders. They don't show up under admin/customers/orders. They do show up if I use this type of link to reach them: mysite/admin/orders.php?oID=1&action=edit If I have the order # and also &action=edit I can find any order that way. But not on the main orders page. I've checked the database and they're all properly being added in there, so it's just something with the orders.php page's initial display. I've also reloaded that page from a fresh copy of the 1.3.8a files and it didn't help.

If I find a solution, I'll come back and post. Otherwise, maybe someone around here can help us both out, vfrazier. :)

Plugin Contributions

Update. After reloading the orders.php file, I then went into the database and set the most recent order (one of my test orders) to 400 for the order number. Now new orders are showing up. The older ones still aren't, but the new ones are.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

snowflake, your issue sounds like a problem with corrupted files and/or the database, perhaps related to some addons?
    Your issue is not the same as vfrazier

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

vfrazier, if your PayPal orders are not showing up in your store, you need to find out what's blocking the communications from the PayPal server to yours.

Related articles:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/announ....php?f=18&a=10
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I checked the 2 links that DrByte suggested. I'm using HostMonster hosting, so the GoDaddy problems suggested in the first URL probably don't apply.

I went through the suggestions in the Wiki and found only one item was incorrect. I had to dig around to find the "Auto Return for Website Payments Return URL...." but found it quick enough. I'm still wandering around in ZC, but at least it's starting to make some sense thanks to kind assistance from many others.

After fixing the PayPal stuff, I placed a couple test orders..... and still had nothing showing in my customers/orders page.

The orders are there. I can still retrieve them by order number, they're just not showing up on the customers/orders page.

So, I went back and double-checked the Wiki, and even tried the Camelot tutorial link. No luck.

What else could it be?

Thanks
    Vince
    Last edited by vfrazier; 20 Oct 2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vfrazier View Post
    The orders are there. I can still retrieve them by order number, they're just not showing up on the customers/orders page.
    - Please list all the addons and customizations that you've made to your site.
    - Also, you said this was a 1.3.8a site. Was it upgrade from a prior version? If yes, which version(s)?
    - And, have you made any changes to Admin->Localization->Order Status?

Plugin Contributions

I haven't made any customizations or add-ons, just the usual (I think) edits to add backgrounds, borders, new products, etc. IOW, I haven't downloaded any add-ons, although I did browse through them just to see what is offered.

This is a new site, not an upgrade or transfer. I'm the only person to work on it, so I'm to blame for whatever has happened.

I haven't made any changes to the admin/localization/order status that I know of. The order status lists 4 items: pending, processing, delivered, and update. If I click on any of those to edit them I get a US flag (language icon?) and the text box with the same words: pending, processing, delivered, and update depending on which one I click to edit.

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, this is the only problem that I know of that is keeping me from launching my store publicly. I really don't want to get orders when I am having trouble viewing them! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vfrazier View Post
    How exactly are you doing that?
    And are the orders showing on your admin home page?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast