Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

So I have successfully transferred the customer data and the products. Now what do I need to do to get the orders and payments to convert to sales orders? I don't understand the matching thing.

Plugin Contributions

What is a shipping item?

Plugin Contributions

My orders are being assigned under "Undeposited Funds" and not Web Sales like I set under zen ...

Am i missing a setting somewhere ?

Any help would be apreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    No, you shouldn't need to remove anything to install QBSync. I would assume the same is true of QBI if you decide to use it instead. They are both good programs that do a similar function in a very different manner, so do a little research on them before you choose one. They also have some different features that may push you toward one or the other.
    Thanks again for your previous advice. I installed this mod well enough to get qb sync logs, but now when I have my client run the QB web connector for the zen cart sync, it gets to 30% and stops making progress, though the requests and responses keep going. I checked the log file and this is the error message (repeated for every item):

There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Cost of Goods Sold" in the Items. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.

The value I set in the Cost of Goods Sold QB Sync config setting was Cost of Goods Sold (as I suppose you could tell be viewing the above message). I viewed their quickbooks and I see several names with a 4 digit number then COGS then a short description, and the "type" of each of those is Cost of Goods Sold. So I tried putting *COGS* in that config field and got errors, then I tried blanking out the field and I also got a similar error.

Is there a specific way (in QB) to find out what the value of the Cost of Goods Sale account is so I can do matching? Or is there a way to ignore this check in case the QB company file does not use the Cost of Goods Sold account at all or correctly?

Thank you,
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    create a file with
    Code:
    <?php  
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    Upload this to your webserver and run it from the browser

then look at the "Configure Command" section for "--enable-soap"

You should be able to enable it yourself depending on your Servers Setup..

is PHP run as a apache module or CGI, this can be found in the "Server AP" of the above script
    Okay... I hope you get this or someone can help me. I had this all set up and running but now we have switched our hosting over to a virtual dedicated server. I checked the phpinfo and found that --enable-soap was not configured. Any ideas on how to do this? Fortunately I do have access to the server via ssh The server is running CentOs

Never mind I figured it out. I googled and found this site:

http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/h...ove-t1756.html

Now I have soap after restarting the server. Let me know if you need more info. I did this on a GoDaddy Virtual Dedicated server

Then I had a little bug that said the security certificate was not valid or something qbwc1048 error code. I changed the .qwc file to point the APpurl to the phpinfo.php page I created earlier. Then the app installed fine. Then I edited the phpinfo.php file and copied the contents of qbserver.php into it. Worked like a charm.

ONLY PROBLEM IS NOW I get authenticating failed. XML response invalid or something like that. Any Suggestions:?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bizcatalyst View Post
    Thanks again for your previous advice. I installed this mod well enough to get qb sync logs, but now when I have my client run the QB web connector for the zen cart sync, it gets to 30% and stops making progress, though the requests and responses keep going. I checked the log file and this is the error message (repeated for every item):

There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account "Cost of Goods Sold" in the Items. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.

The value I set in the Cost of Goods Sold QB Sync config setting was Cost of Goods Sold (as I suppose you could tell be viewing the above message). I viewed their quickbooks and I see several names with a 4 digit number then COGS then a short description, and the "type" of each of those is Cost of Goods Sold. So I tried putting *COGS* in that config field and got errors, then I tried blanking out the field and I also got a similar error.

Is there a specific way (in QB) to find out what the value of the Cost of Goods Sale account is so I can do matching? Or is there a way to ignore this check in case the QB company file does not use the Cost of Goods Sold account at all or correctly?

Thank you,
    Robert
    Ensure you have an account called "Cost of Goods Sold" type Cost of Goods Sold

Should fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    My orders are being assigned under "Undeposited Funds" and not Web Sales like I set under zen ...

Am i missing a setting somewhere ?

Any help would be apreciated.
    Ignore, its a qb thingie, not a zen cart thingie

Im only a web developer, so dont know ins and outs of qb

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ensure you have an account called "Cost of Goods Sold" type Cost of Goods Sold

Should fix it.
    Ok, I think that answers my previous question, thank you. However, my client has a different COGS account for each category of items - is there a way to specify multiple COGS accounts, one per category?

Thanks,
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

Does this module allow customers to pull past sales reciepts form quick books. I would like be sure this isnt just an admin related addon.

I would like the customer able to query from quick books past orders, even if it is in just pdf form.

NadiaUSA -- No. This mod exports customers, orders, and products from ZC->QB. It can then continue to sync from ZC->QB if changes are made if you so desire. It doesn't do anything else.

bizcatalyst -- No. There is no way to do that. This mod only allows you to choose one account for product sales and one account for product purchases...BUT since presumably most stores don't update their products all that often, all you'd have to do is go into QB after new products have been added and change this manually. I think the new version of QB even has a bulk modify feature that may do this quickly and easily. Don't worry, continuing sync will not continue to sync the accounts for each product, so once its changed, its changed.

Also, I know this has already been sufficiently answered, but just to remind you -- how QB categorizes different accounts can be modified in QB. This should have nothing to do with this mod and can be changed at any time in QB. Just go to "Chart of Accounts" and change the type for each account accordingly. Keep in mind that QB's default accounts (depending on the type of business you have) often include one that is named "Cost of Goods Sold" and a type called "Cost of Goods Sold". QBSync only looks for the name of the account, not the type. So, you can always add products and change the type of the account at a later date. Frankly, you can even change the name of the account and it should be OK, but then you also need to update the name in QBSync settings or FUTURE exports of products will error out.

As for undeposited funds, Stormy is also right. You'll understand this more as you use QB. Basically, since deposits don't generally post the day the sale is made, QB will not deposit a credit card sale automatically. You can then group them up into batches if using credit cards (or just deposit one by one if not) and deposit them by clicking Record Deposits on the Home page.

owenkalu -- Yes. I had the same problem. And the way you handled it was a good idea, but there is a better way. Just create a blank qbServer.php file. Then install the QWC file. The replace the qbServer.php file with the real one. Problem solved. Glad to hear its not just me having this issue. I have no idea why it happens. Posted about it earlier while I was working on v2 changes. I suppose its not that huge of a deal because there is an easy way around it and you only have to install it once, but its annoying. I thought I was the only one!

As for "authenticating failed. XML response invalid or something like that" error, I'd need more info from your logs. But, first try switching to qbServer.php like I suggested.

purepoultry -- We've been emailing, so hopefully I will be able to help you more. But real quick, a shipping item is like UPS or FedEx or USPS, etc... OR you can be real specific like UPS Ground or FedEx Next Day etc... You have to match it to an item in QB. For me, I only have one item that is shipping in QB. So I match "*" with "Shipping Charges". You can get fancier if you so desire, but that's the easy way to do it.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast