Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

Hi the first fault is normal, if you have a look in the log file from within zen cart, you will see what errors are there and beable to work them back, I the mod works and works really well once you have the errors ironed out!! you can copy and paste the erors into word and send it me if you like.

Regards
    Mate
    Quote Originally Posted by KT Naturals View Post
    Seemed like everything was loading fine, and then got this:

Version:
    Not provided by service

Description:
    Error message received from application via getLastError(): LOG: User Started Session
    Mate 2009
    dgl-uk

The Why the errors work is when QWC calls "getLastError" the Mod returns the last log entry for that session.

if you got the "user session started" i would assume that meant nothing was qued for sync...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by the_ancient View Post
    The simple answer NO...

I do have a update that has not be release yet that will create a sales order for Check Payments.

You would have a instantaneously create

Sales order -> Invoice -> Payment Record

or

Sale Receipt

Which is a Invoice, and Payment Record rolled in to one.

Why create the additional overhead?
    Does that mean you can import invoices? Or no not at all? I would rather just have everything invoiced automagically. (and yes I would like that super sized)

Just wondering if anybody can help with this one, QBSync has been working fine, no problems and no changes, bu tyesterday its stopped bringing orders from zencart db in to QB, Ive checked in the database and all orders still say that there not in QB but when i sync it dosent bring them in, neither does it show anything in the error log, although i can see it did make a connection

Cheers
    JAs

I've been adding my customers, and at first any time I had a customer with an apostrophe in their name, address, etc... the sync failed. I figured this was probably an issue with an SQL update so I edited the php script to try and fix it. Well, it wouldn't authenticate, so I removed my edits. Then, everything seemed to work. It seems to have removed all apostrophes.

Any idea why this might have happened? By the way, is there a way to make it authenticate correctly if I change the code? I'd like to make a few custom changes, but obviously this won't work. Does this have something to do with <OwnerID> and <FileID> in the QWC file?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind! I compared the two files and found a small difference:

return mb_convert_encoding(str_replace(array("\n","\t","'"),' ',$xml), "UTF-8");

Looks like I did leave a very important change (notice the apostrophe!).

Anyway, this fixes the bug, but it's not ideal because it removes all the apostrophes instead of dealing with them appropriately.

I'd still love to be able to edit this thing if I can figure out why it won't authenticate when I make changes.

Found one more issue:

My international customers don't seem to be importing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    I've been adding my customers, and at first any time I had a customer with an apostrophe in their name, address, etc... the sync failed. I figured this was probably an issue with an SQL update so I edited the php script to try and fix it. Well, it wouldn't authenticate, so I removed my edits. Then, everything seemed to work. It seems to have removed all apostrophes.

Any idea why this might have happened? By the way, is there a way to make it authenticate correctly if I change the code? I'd like to make a few custom changes, but obviously this won't work. Does this have something to do with <OwnerID> and <FileID> in the QWC file?

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers for this info, this is what was happening with mine, if you manage to fix it please let me know

Cheers
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    Nevermind! I compared the two files and found a small difference:

return mb_convert_encoding(str_replace(array("\n","\t","'"),' ',$xml), "UTF-8");

Looks like I did leave a very important change (notice the apostrophe!).

Anyway, this fixes the bug, but it's not ideal because it removes all the apostrophes instead of dealing with them appropriately.

I'd still love to be able to edit this thing if I can figure out why it won't authenticate when I make changes.
    I sorry which file did you do this edit in :)

Cheers
    JAy

Having apostrophe's in the XML String causes Quickbooks to Error out.

You can remove just the "'" part of that and see if it works, but I doubt it will.

The OwnerID and FileID has nothing to do with your ability to customize the script,

You should be able to make any changes you want as long as your changes adhere to Quickbooks SDK Rules, if you removed the mb_convert or the Sub string replacement, chances are the outputed XML was no longer compatible with Quickbooks thus you errored

@Koi Supplies UK

Did you make any changes? Turn Debug on, and that will log every action the script takes

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast