Thread: font size

Plugin Contributions

Default font size

I have some people who say that when they pull up the store, the font size is EXTREMELY small. When I view it - it is larger than most. It seems to only be a few select people. Is there anyway, or any setting that would ensure that the font is 12pt?

Default Re: font size

If it is IE users try the IE over ride stylesheet add on from Kuroi.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I tried using this & it really screwed up my website header completely. I had to go back & use an back-up version of the site. Is there a line or two of specific code that needs to be changed so it doesn't change the way my site looks?

Plugin Contributions

Have you confirmed that there really is a problem. Might this small number of users have accidentally reset the font size in their browsers?

If it is a real problem, in which browsers does it occur?

Either way it would be wrong to try to set the font size to points. This is a print measure not intended for monitors and may well produce erratic results. ems or at worst pixels would be more appropriate.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

It's only one file to copy and then making the stylesheet(s) with appropriate font changes. Make sure you are putting it into the correct folder. It is quite effective.

1. To install, simply copy the html_header.php file to your store's includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/common folder.

2. Create stylesheet (or stylesheets) containing your Internet Explorer over-rides and name them ie_stylesheet.css to apply to all IE browsers, or ie6_stylesheet.css, ie7_stylesheet.css, etc to address specific versions, and put them in your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/css folder.
    Use browsershots.org to view your site in the various browsers. Another useful tool.

A link to your site would be helpful.