Plugin Contributions

Default Transferring site ERROR

I get this error message when transferring my site to another host:

1146 Table 'startswapping.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select configuration_key as cfgkey, configuration_value as cfgvalue from configuration]

Anyone got any idea as to what this means? I know it has to do something with the database info (either old database or new one) but I have no clue about databases. If you've seen this before and know a quick fix, please reply. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transferring site ERROR

Did your old site have a DB_PREFIX value different than what you've got on your new site? Check your configure.php files for the DB_PREFIX setting.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did your old site have a DB_PREFIX value different than what you've got on your new site? Check your configure.php files for the DB_PREFIX setting.
    It looks like the prefix from my old site was different. Do I need to go through the transfer process all over again and change _DB_ to what my old prefix was?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you edit the 2 configure.php files on your new site so that the DB_PREFIX matches the DB_PREFIX from the old site, that should be sufficient.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you edit the 2 configure.php files on your new site so that the DB_PREFIX matches the DB_PREFIX from the old site, that should be sufficient.
    I think with GoDaddy, they automatically give you some kind of prefix prefix (usually account name). I'll give it a go.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Many auto-installers choose "zen_". Doesn't matter what *they* selected. The key is what EXACTLY is ALREADY in YOUR old files ... since that's the prefix that was used to access the tables ALREADY in the database you exported.

In a perfect world, no prefix would be used, since prefixes only cause confusion. Sadly, cheap hosting companies which offer only one database make the use of prefixes required in those isolated cases. Thus the option exists.