Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

The attached file (after unzipping) can be used to replace the /includes/classes/class.phpbb.php file in your v1.3.8 site and allow it to communicate with your phpBB 3.0.1 site the same way it used to work with phpBB 2.

This is a compilation of suggestions from several users including SoftCorpse, sadr1an1, Neteasy, felixh, szarin, myself and others.

Note the caveats mentioned by szarin here, as they still apply: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=68 and other posts in the same thread.

The configuration and setup requirements are the same as in prior versions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrByte; 3 Nov 2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: updated Nov 3 to include fix posted by tokyoNH

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

does anything need to be modified in the /includes/config.php file ?
    Last edited by darktowerhobbies; 23 Oct 2008 at 08:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok sorry for the double post here but I am totally lost and confused.

I installed the patch and have a brand new install of zen cart and phpbb 3.0.2 I went to the admin config and set it to true for phpbb.

Now what in the wiki it says to herecheck /includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php
    and check /path/to/your/shop/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php

I have done that and they match

I have no phpbb links on my home page and in the phpbb forums only excepts usernames and not emaill address

I would really like to use this feature with my site however there is not alot of documentation on it

if someone can please help it would be wonderful

just in case here are the links again they are new installs
    shop
    forum

Plugin Contributions

Did you choose to have phpbb installed during the process of installing?

You have to install this manually for this to work auto installers will not activate the phpbb or integrate it into the database.

Once you have manually installed the zencart software then go to admin --> configuration - My Store - Enable phpBB linkage? make this true.

However not sure about phpbb3 but it does work with older versions of phpbb but you can test it and see if it works.

According to this thread it does work http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87017

And a few page thread here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68565 that may help as well
    Last edited by knuckle-101; 23 Oct 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Thread Additions
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that if I selected that I would use PhPbb when I did my original Zen installation that I cannot get this to work?

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

You could get it to work however it would be alot harder to do so.

If your store does not have any products in it or any work into it will be alot easier to get the database to read the phpbb integration.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

Great file, but one typo:

Change:
    Code:
    '" . crc32(strtolower($email_address)) . strlen($email_address) . "
    to

Code:
    '" . crc32(strtolower($email_address)) . strlen($email_address) . "'
    (notice the "tick" on the end that was missing. Thank you for this file. Been fighting with it all night. Now, I just need to figure out why my forum link from zen cart points to the wrong spot...

Plugin Contributions

Having difficulty getting this to work. Stupid question: Do Zen Cart and phpBB have to be in the same database for integration to work? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Mine are in different databases.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, it can be a different database. As long as Zen Cart can find the config.php file for your phpBB3 configuration, it can read its settings and access the other database using that information.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12050

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can't log in as new user. I've read all 17 pages of the long thread, and tried pretty much everything we have collectively thought of, and I am now getting a little further...

Creating a Zen Cart account does try to setup an account in phpBB! I can see the record in the phpBB database. The new user even shows as "Our Newest Member." But the newly created user can't log in using the username and password created during Zen Cart account creation.

Help me over this last hump, Doc!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast