Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

Read through this long post and have some questions I hope someone can answer:

I am running zen cart 1.3.9f and phpbb3 3.o7-pl1

So is it possible to have a person sign up in zencart and then the system automatically creates the same user with password in phpbb3? If so what about the captcha requirement, and that new users in PHPBB3 requires that they pick a country flag???

Also, is there anyway for this mod to work both ways?? If someone registers in phpbb3 then it automatically sets up an account in zen cart and vice versa??? If so would this incorporate already registered users in phpbb3??????

I would really like something that works both ways and is SECURE!!! Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pityocamptes View Post
    So is it possible to have a person sign up in zencart and then the system automatically creates the same user with password in phpbb3? If so what about the captcha requirement, and that new users in PHPBB3 requires that they pick a country flag???
    Yes and no. I haven't heard of anybody being FORCED to choose a country flag unless that is a modification on your forums to mandate. There is some rewriting of some code to match the country selected from the dropdown menu to be selected as the country of choice though you'll have tow ork that out.

But yes. On the successful creation of a ZenCart account and the availability of the phpBB Username, ZenCart will add a user to the phpBB Database.

Also, is there anyway for this mod to work both ways?? If someone registers in phpbb3 then it automatically sets up an account in zen cart and vice versa??? If so would this incorporate already registered users in phpbb3??????
    No. Not currently. If you read through this long and very winded passages of texts, you'll see that what you are asking for here has been asked time and time again. And each time, after a certain point when I made the adjustments, you'll see that I say this has to do with the SESSIONS not just the database. That is, you have to create a session for ZenCart on a successful login AND create a session for phpBB on a successful login at the same time. This involves changing the logic of Zencart to write a phpBB session into the database for phpBB at the same time that ZenCart writes an entry into its own sessions DB for ZenCart logins.

In addition, you would have to write a phpBB mod to do the inverse of this. That is... if a user creates a forums account on phpBB, you would have to have phpBB create an account for that person on ZenCart which is far from the scope of this thread.

Hope I answered your questions...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Yes and no. I haven't heard of anybody being FORCED to choose a country flag unless that is a modification on your forums to mandate. There is some rewriting of some code to match the country selected from the dropdown menu to be selected as the country of choice though you'll have tow ork that out.

But yes. On the successful creation of a ZenCart account and the availability of the phpBB Username, ZenCart will add a user to the phpBB Database.

No. Not currently. If you read through this long and very winded passages of texts, you'll see that what you are asking for here has been asked time and time again. And each time, after a certain point when I made the adjustments, you'll see that I say this has to do with the SESSIONS not just the database. That is, you have to create a session for ZenCart on a successful login AND create a session for phpBB on a successful login at the same time. This involves changing the logic of Zencart to write a phpBB session into the database for phpBB at the same time that ZenCart writes an entry into its own sessions DB for ZenCart logins.

In addition, you would have to write a phpBB mod to do the inverse of this. That is... if a user creates a forums account on phpBB, you would have to have phpBB create an account for that person on ZenCart which is far from the scope of this thread.

Hope I answered your questions...

Thanks! I'm debating on whether I want to do this or not. I did have one other question...

What if a user called "BOB" is already registered on the phpbb3 forum. BOB now decides to purchase something on my store (this is assuming that I have installed this bridge MOD) and registers using "BOB" and his same PW on the forum. Is it going to override or tell them that it already exists? If it is the later then it kind of becomes a moot point unless your a first time zencart buyer and non forum member... just throwing some things out...

I've looked through this thread and I did not see anything on sessions. So basically even if the user name and pw was copied from both db's from both zencart and phpbb3 it still would not work. I don't think I fully understand you. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I'm debating on whether I want to do this or not. I did have one other question...

What if a user called "BOB" is already registered on the phpbb3 forum. BOB now decides to purchase something on my store (this is assuming that I have installed this bridge MOD) and registers using "BOB" and his same PW on the forum. Is it going to override or tell them that it already exists? If it is the later then it kind of becomes a moot point unless your a first time zencart buyer and non forum member... just throwing some things out...
    This was discussed by me at some point on here... In your example above, ZenCart will return an error that the phpBB user already exists and will not proceed with the account creation.

I've looked through this thread and I did not see anything on sessions. So basically even if the user name and pw was copied from both db's from both zencart and phpbb3 it still would not work. I don't think I fully understand you. Thanks again!
    Think of a session as a cellphone call. When you log in, you start a cellphone call. When you log out, you end the call. So when you log in to ZenCart, you're starting a call with Zencart. When you log in to phpBB, you're starting a call with phpBB.

What everyone is asking is... that when you log in to ZenCart that you somehow log into both. Or vice-versa. (That is when you log in to phpBB, that ZenCart knows you're on.) Currently this is not possible. Nothing inside the coding between phpBB and ZenCart will tell the other that you're logged on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by phantom3D View Post
    Hi, I'm a total newb to modding and PHP. I have installed PhpBB3 v3.07 and zen cart v1.3.9d. They are integrated and any account I register in zen cart is created in PhpBB3 as well. So all good.

However I too would like the sessions to be concurrent. I found this mod that promises to do this. However there are no instructions with it, just files.

I dont know what to do with it. Anyone want to take a look? You will find it here:

http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...oad-51415.html

hi...........
    i have downloaded this module. can u tell me how can this module help me.
    i want that if a user is login in zencart then onclick he also login in phpBB. can this module do this.
    reply soon.
    thank u

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by arora girl View Post
    hi...........
    i have downloaded this module. can u tell me how can this module help me.
    i want that if a user is login in zencart then onclick he also login in phpBB. can this module do this.
    reply soon.
    thank u
    Hi. As I have already explained, no. This module will not (currently) automatically log a user into phpBB if they log in to your cart. It will only create an account for them.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have exhausted the search function in the forum. :-(
    Recently installed phpbb3. The forum works. My Zen-cart (1.3.8) works great. Entered in the correct path in the zen configure.php for phpbb. Then I turned on the integrate phpbb in the admin section. Went to the front side of my site. Now I am getting a message that there is a connection problem with the database. The site can't get past the phpbb config.php file. But the forum works without any problems.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks.
    Zen-Cart, The Greatest Shopping Cart!

Plugin Contributions

I am getting this info when I debug:

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [SHOW TABLES like 'phpbb_users']

Plugin Contributions

Ok. Solved my issue. My hosting company uses this for connecting to the local mysql db: localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock
    phpbb had it split. Although phpbb was connecting fine to its db zen-cart was not able to connect to the phpbb db. Not being experienced enough in reworking the class.phpbb.php file I did a hard code of localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock into line 74 as so:
    if (substr($line,0,7)=='$dbhost') $this->phpBB['dbhost'] = 'localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock';.

Now zen-cart is communicating with the phpbb db and can register new visitors from the zen-cart side into the forum side.

Don't know if this will help anyone else or not.

Yippeee!!!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

Hello,

I'm using ZC 1.3.9h and phpbb 3.0.8 latest stable release.
    The phpbb integration is not working on my zc installation.
    I have
    define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/forum/');
    defined in /includes/configure.php
    and enabled phpbb linkage from control panel.

when user on zc registers, nothing happens on phpbb3. What is the trick? I have tried to use class.phpbb.php posted on first page of this thread, but no luck. Please help me to find the solution.

Thank you

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast