Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

In the phpBB3 database the Table you want is: phpbb_users

As you'll have to search for the Member name it might be easier to start with a Search. Don't know what query to use as I do deleting in the old fashion way; find it first to make sure that is what I am deleting.

I do find it odd that you say it was working and now it is not. Do you know if the versions of PHP and/or mySQL changed as well; between the other Server and the one you are on now?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Seems like you've made a typo when editing that line.
    Thanks DrByte, however, I did not edit any lines. I just replaced the original class.phpbb.php file with the one attached at the beginning of this forum.

I have looked at that line and it says
    Code:
    if ($this->dbname == DB_DATABASE) {
    I have looked at all of the files and lines mentioned and don't see any problems....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    In the phpBB3 database the Table you want is: phpbb_users

As you'll have to search for the Member name it might be easier to start with a Search. Don't know what query to use as I do deleting in the old fashion way; find it first to make sure that is what I am deleting.

I do find it odd that you say it was working and now it is not. Do you know if the versions of PHP and/or mySQL changed as well; between the other Server and the one you are on now?
    Yep I found that shortly after I posted yesterday and used Browse and then delete....and completely forgot to post about it LOL

The server move was to upgrade the MySQL from 4.1 something to 5.0.51a-community and I did wonder if it was that change that made the difference, but I am not overly knowledgeable yet though I am learning LOL

As far as I am aware the PHP version didn't change :)
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jhardman View Post
    Thanks DrByte, however, I did not edit any lines. I just replaced the original class.phpbb.php file with the one attached at the beginning of this forum.

I have looked at that line and it says
    Code:
    if ($this->dbname == DB_DATABASE) {
    I have looked at all of the files and lines mentioned and don't see any problems....
    I recommend this edit then: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=19

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I got the other two warnings out. Now, the only warning I get is the session ID error that I said concerned me the most in the first place. I still get the blank white page. Here is the warning again:

Code:
    Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/stungun2/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 167
    I have read all I can on session_regenerate_id() and can't get it to work. I have tried session_regenerate_id(TRUE) but that didn't do anything.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If that's the *only* error now showing in your logs, I have no idea what's causing it, unless your server's PHP version is so old it can't run session_regenerate_id().

If you go to Admin->Configuration->My Store, and set "Enable phpBB Linkage" to false, does the problem go away?
    Or do you still get a blank page when you create an account or do a login?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If that's the *only* error now showing in your logs, I have no idea what's causing it, unless your server's PHP version is so old it can't run session_regenerate_id().

If you go to Admin->Configuration->My Store, and set "Enable phpBB Linkage" to false, does the problem go away?
    Or do you still get a blank page when you create an account or do a login?
    I fixed it. I just downloaded a fresh copy of Zen Cart and and then uploaded everything inside of the Includes directory. Since I had used the template override system all of my changes were still there.

Something had gone wrong and it really had nothing to do with the file or line that was referenced in the error. That was what was so misleading. That file and line are still the exact same and now all is well!

Plugin Contributions

Having reached a plateau of your Zen Cart working with phpBB3, would it be related to or solve any problems, as described in my earlier post?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Having reached a plateau of your Zen Cart working with phpBB3, would it be related to or solve any problems, as described in my earlier post?
    I had the same problem and I am giving up on phpbb3 integration.. I would like to use the "Nick Name" during the registration, so I could manually create a forum login for restricted users. However, after downloading "Nick add on module", indicating that I am using "phpbbb" in admin, I am able to register with the same nick! Which file(s) does the checking for duplicate nick names?? Should I remove the "Nick add on module" and try it without it? I decided to use SMF....

Any suggestions/opinions??

Plugin Contributions

Tried following your steps but I could never get "Forum" in Zencart to link correctly.

I'm using 1.3.8a on Linux servers (hostmonster). Installed Zencart without a link to phpbb initially through the use of Hostmonster SimpleScripts.

In zencart/includes/configure.php, I tried using every possible combination of file linking to the forum.

/home/myname/publi_html/forum/--this created matching users and passwords in each account but the link in Zencart to Forum opened a could not find page. The html link associated with the Forum link in Zencart was:

http://www.mysite.com/mystore//forum/index.php (the double slashes between mystore and forum are not a typo)

Okay, then I tried forum/ in the config file and it made the link in zencart disappear...usernames and passwords were created for both programs.

Next, came home/myname/public_html/forum/...no link and good username and passwords.

then /home/myname/public_html/forum...no link

...gettin' really fed up now, so I drug the whole forum folder inside of the zencart store folder and set the config file up to go to forum/.

Problem solved...usernames, nicks, and passwords are set up between the two programs and login processes work in both programs as well.

Don't know what effect draging the forum folder into the cart program is going to have but all appears to be okay.

If there is no known issues with setting the file structures up like this, you might want to amend your topic to tell users who created the zencart account without linking to phpbb initially to follow a different set of instructions...IMHO.

If a user is loged into zencart and they elect to go to forum, why do they have to relog in? Aren't cookies shared?

Mike
    Last edited by jestcoun; 10 Dec 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast