Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

I am currently going out of my mind and have tried every idea/solution that was given in the 17 page thread and this thread and I have got so close.

Now, i can see the nick name in the sin up, and I would like it a required field, that is fine. But, when i hit Submit to sign up. i get a nifty little MYSQL db error:

Code:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1231403903')' at line 4
    in:
    [insert into phpbb_users (user_id, group_id, username, username_clean, user_password, user_email, user_email_hash, user_regdate) values ('53', 2, 'testing3', 'testing3', '717af312d93e04c1b8bec1559b35846c', 'thiscantbearealemailaddress##########################', '13340489739'', '1231403903')]
    I am so lost... if anyone could think of a fix. i would be in your debt. Thanks!

Please try and make a fake account if you like here to see it in action.

Plugin Contributions

I can use the attached file to create an account both in zen-cart and phpBB3. I have checked that the new account exist in the database user table. However, I cannot use that acount to login to phpBB. I have tried to use my admin account of phpBB to do "manage users" under ACP but it show me "The requested user does not exist.". That 's really strange. What am I missed?

My zen-cart version is 1.3.8a and phpBB version is 3.0.4

Please help!
    Last edited by Nwolf; 28 Apr 2009 at 07:27 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here with the same versions of ZC and phpbb3.

Everything seems to work, exept for the login, name exsist in database??
    If I search for a member as admin it can't find, when i use advanced search and look for an email address, then it will find (???) but I can do nothing with it...

very strange...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nwolf View Post
    I can use the attached file to create an account both in zen-cart and phpBB3. I have checked that the new account exist in the database user table. However, I cannot use that acount to login to phpBB. I have tried to use my admin account of phpBB to do "manage users" under ACP but it show me "The requested user does not exist.". That 's really strange. What am I missed?

My zen-cart version is 1.3.8a and phpBB version is 3.0.4

Please help!
    Have same issue, user is created via zencart, user in PHPbb database but cant login?
    As others have mentioned on this thread, initial install of Zen was done without PHPbb option. Dont know if I need to add more than just the class.phpbb.php file and set phpbb active

Plugin Contributions

I have recently installed phpbb3 on Zen Cart 1.3.8a with the latest phpbb class (see post #1 in this thread).

The server is Linux running php 5.2.6 & MySQL 5.0.45.

Zen Cart is in a directory called catalog and phpbb3 is in a directory called forum. Both these are in the site root.

After a few trips round the block getting the path right in catalog/includes/config.php [define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/var/www/vhosts/www.motorhomeski.com/httpdocs/forum/');] I tested the creation of users on the forum via Zen Cart create account. All went well and I was able to log in using the nick name and password entered during the creation of the Zen Cart account.

The site recently went live and as soon as the first users began signing up I got reports that people couldn't log into the forum using the username and password the entered when creating the Zen account, though they could log into Zen Cart OK.

I did some rooting round and, to cut a long story short, the problem seems to be with the use of upper case characters in the forum username (nick name). If the chosen username for the forum is entered all lower case [my_username] then there isn't a problem. If uppercase chracters are used [My_UserName] then it is not possible for the user to log in and the admin gets "The requested user does not exist." when trying to access the user .

The reason for this is that the username gets entered into 2 rows in the phpbb_users table; username and username_clean. When creating an account vis the forum registration the chosen username [My_UserName] gets entered into the row 'username' and the lowercase version [my_username] gets entered into the row 'username_clean'.

When creating an account on the forum via Zen Cart this doesn't happen and the chosen username [My_UserName] gets entered into both rows. PhpBB is not happy with this.

Solution.

In <zen_dir>/includes/classes/class.phpbb.php, around line 183, find:

Code:
    $sql = "insert into " . $this->phpBB['users_table'] . "
                    (user_id, group_id, username, username_clean, user_password, user_email, user_email_hash, user_regdate)
                    values
                    ('" . (int)$user_id . "', " . $this->groupId . ", '" . $nick . "', '" . $nick . "', '" . md5($password) . "', '" . $email_address . "', '" . crc32(strtolower($email_address)) . strlen($email_address) . "', '" . time() ."')";
    Change it to:

Code:
    $sql = "insert into " . $this->phpBB['users_table'] . "
                    (user_id, group_id, username, username_clean, user_password, user_email, user_email_hash, user_regdate)
                    values
                    ('" . (int)$user_id . "', " . $this->groupId . ", '" . $nick . "', '" . strtolower($nick) . "', '" . md5($password) . "', '" . $email_address . "', '" . crc32(strtolower($email_address)) . strlen($email_address) . "', '" . time() ."')";
    Changing the second '" . $nick . "' to '" . strtolower($nick) . "' means the chosen username [My_UserName] goes into the row 'username' and the lower case version [my_username] goes into the row 'username_clean'.

I have tested this and it seems to work OK. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Veronika7747 asked regarding restricting phpBB to only Zen Cart registered users.

The solution I am using for this is to set Account Activation in the ACP User Registration Settings to Disable. This removes the 'Register' link. So people were not lost I put a line on the board masthead 'To register for this forum Create an account on our shop.' where 'Create an account on our shop' is a link to the sign-up page on the shop.

jestcoun mentioned regarding the double slashes in the link to the forum from the store. I have noted this also on the link that appears in the 'Information' sidebox when the phpBB link is set to true, though the link in the sitemap is correct. No elegant solution yet but the brute force is:

In <zen_dir>/includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php, around line 29, find:

Code:
    $information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link($phpBB->phpBB['phpbb_url'] . FILENAME_BB_INDEX, '', 'NONSSL', false, '', true) . '" target="_blank">' . BOX_BBINDEX . '</a>';
    In the case your furum is in the directory 'forum' in the site root, replace it with:

Code:
    $information[] = '<a href="http://<your_site_name>/forum/index.php" target="_blank">Forum</a>';
    In the case your forum is in directory that is not in the root or is in a directory with another name, modify the path according your setup.

Hope this helps.

Les.
    http://www.motorhomeski.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Les,

Thank you so much!
    It works for me, new users can log in now.

I also changed all the names in the database username_clean field with phpadmin to lowercase.
    Don't know if this is working yet but i think it will do, I can find the users under admin now.

Again thank you very much!

Regards,
    Rinker

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rinker.

Good to hear it worked for you.

Changing the existing entries in username_clean to lower case should enable existing users to log in. I did this for one of my users and he has now successfully logged in.

Best regards.

Les
    http://www.motorhomeski.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I have 1 simple question.

"How to upon a payment or using Zen Cart, give that user permission or move to group in phpbb3?"

So for example user uses zen cart to buy or pay for subscription for forum access. and phpbb will automatically either give that user a permission or put that user on a special group.
    for both situations where user already signed up at the forum and user that are signing up via zen cart.

can a simple php script do this?

Plugin Contributions

I had nightmares getting the link between Zen Cart and phpBB3 to work. I read everything suggested, tried everything suggested, installed everything suggested and still it wouldn't work until I saw a bit of advice I'd seen in an early thread that I'd overlooked...

Instead of changing the includes/config.php define 'DIR_WS_PHPBB' to indicate either the full virtual path or forum/, the early thread advised changing the path to '../forum/'.

Instant success

If you're struggling to get things working then just try this simple fix. It may work for you too

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: PHPBB 3 for v1.3.8

Thanks for all of your reply

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast