Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Gifts-Dangling Carrot support

I tried it on a test site and got more errors. I have since uninstalled from my site and probably will not use it. I may revisit this again in the future. Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I had this plugin up to 1.5.0 . Now i am moving to 1.5.1 and it will not work. I would like some advice on what other options other plugins i can use instead that would work with 1.5.1 and would do what dangling carrot was doing - an ability for customer to add a free item, if spent say $100. any advise is needed at this point. Because my customers will definitely not like it, if i will disable this option.

Plugin Contributions

It's is 9/6/2013, has this mod been updated to work in version 1.5.1?

If not could someone please report on any progress in updating this mod so that it will work on 1.5.1.

It appears that there are a lot of folks wanting to incorporate this into their Zen Stores...

Will someone inform us if there is any intention of updating it so it will work on 1.5.1

If this mod is a lost cause for version 1.5.1 is there an alternative that anyone knows of that will accomplish the same results and will work with 1.5.1?
    Later/Steve Jasse

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WetSteve View Post
    It's is 9/6/2013, has this mod been updated to work in version 1.5.1?

If not could someone please report on any progress in updating this mod so that it will work on 1.5.1.

It appears that there are a lot of folks wanting to incorporate this into their Zen Stores...

Will someone inform us if there is any intention of updating it so it will work on 1.5.1

If this mod is a lost cause for version 1.5.1 is there an alternative that anyone knows of that will accomplish the same results and will work with 1.5.1?
    The original author and I are working on developing this mod with some new features and bugfixes and it will work for 1.5.1. I can't give any type of release date yet since we are both very busy on other projects, I personally don't have a lot of time to devote to it in the next couple weeks. There is a commercial mod you can search for with your favorite search engine if you need it now. Unfortunately, it is encrypted so you cannot make any changes if you need to modify the code for your specific purposes.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Free Gift version 2 is currently in Beta testing.
    It's been completely rewritten for zen cart 1.5.1

No need to make hidden gift category and duplicate products.
    Any product can be set as a gift via the normal add/edit product page. Simply mark the checkbox, and fill in new fields for gift price, Net and Gross of tax.
    Side box with ajax popup to view gifts.
    Gift page so that customers can see them all.
    Products with attributes can now be used as a gift. Base price will be the reduced price. Attribute prices are added onto this.

Sadly, due to the number of hours that have been invested in this, the module is now a commercial offering. Further enhancements are planned. A 1.3.9 version will be built if there is sufficient customer demand.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    Free Gift version 2 is currently in Beta testing.
    It's been completely rewritten for zen cart 1.5.1

No need to make hidden gift category and duplicate products.
    Any product can be set as a gift via the normal add/edit product page. Simply mark the checkbox, and fill in new fields for gift price, Net and Gross of tax.
    Side box with ajax popup to view gifts.
    Gift page so that customers can see them all.
    Products with attributes can now be used as a gift. Base price will be the reduced price. Attribute prices are added onto this.

Sadly, due to the number of hours that have been invested in this, the module is now a commercial offering. Further enhancements are planned. A 1.3.9 version will be built if there is sufficient customer demand.

Download page still shows compatible with 1.3.8. How we can buy/download new version you have developed?

I have installed this from zencart add ons page which says compatible with 1.3.8 on 1.5.0 and its working fine on admin section but I am not sure how this work on website as I do not see anywhere in admin where to select shopping cart minimum total for free gifts?

Please advise. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

I can't post a link to the module on here due to forum rules. If you wish to purchase the module you need to send me a PM for details.

Plugin Contributions

Free Gifts v2.1.1 has been updated and is now compatible with both 1.5.1 and 1.5.3
    Further details via PM only due to forum rules.

Plugin Contributions

I was installing the older version and when I insert this SQL I got this:

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `free_gifts` (

`gift_id` tinyint( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `threshold` mediumint( 9 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `products_id` mediumint( 9 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `gift_id` )
    ) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6

I am using the newest version of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by morrisgiftshop View Post
    I was installing the older version and when I insert this SQL I got this:

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `free_gifts` (

`gift_id` tinyint( 4 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `threshold` mediumint( 9 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `products_id` mediumint( 9 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `gift_id` )
    ) TYPE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6

I am using the newest version of Zen Cart.
    You need to change TYPE = MYISAM to ENGINE = MYISAM, but please be aware that the version of the module available for download via ZC plugins IS NOT compatible with zen cart 1.5.3 and has many bugs.
    There is a newer version that has been completely rewrittenand is compatible with zen cart version 1.5.x but it is now a commercial module as significant hours were put into rewriting pretty much the entire module.

Due to forum rules i cannot give you the information on where this available by forum post but if you PM me i can give you further information.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast