Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tell a Friend free shipping Support Thread

I have installed according to the directions and can not get past the shipping page. I enter in the info in the "tell a friend" and it keeps returning me to shipping.

I am getting the following error:

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/html/test/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php on line 194
    Line 194 is:
    Code:
    if(mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
    I am running 1.3.9h. Would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by cycochuck; 7 Dec 2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: forgot to set notification

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cycochuck View Post
    I have installed according to the directions and can not get past the shipping page. I enter in the info in the "tell a friend" and it keeps returning me to shipping.

I am getting the following error:

Line 194 is:
    Code:
    if(mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
    I am running 1.3.9h. Would appreciate any help.
    I couldn't recreate your error so far... I have planed on doing a version up date, still on my list. There was three files that if you copied them over wasn't up to 1.3.9h

I just installed with the three files edited and it work on 1.3.9h
    minUpdate.zip
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    I couldn't recreate your error so far... I have planed on doing a version up date, still on my list. There was three files that if you copied them over wasn't up to 1.3.9h

I just installed with the three files edited and it work on 1.3.9h
    minUpdate.zip
    Thanks, that did help.

I can now get to the entering payment for the order, but it errors out when finalizing. I still get the same message on the server side, on the customer side I am getting:
    1146 Table 'fla1014004183835.TABLE_FREE_SHIPPING_REFERRALS' doesn't exist
    in:
    [INSERT INTO TABLE_FREE_SHIPPING_REFERRALS (referral_id, language_id, referral_f_name, referral_l_name, customers_id, customers_referral, referral_to_address, referral_from_address) VALUES ('tell_referrer_id', '1', 'Some', 'One', '1', '', '[email protected]', '[email protected]')]
    The table exists on the sql server, but as zen_free_shipping_referrals.

I'll keep looking, maybe I can figure this out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cycochuck View Post
    Thanks, that did help.

I can now get to the entering payment for the order, but it errors out when finalizing. I still get the same message on the server side, on the customer side I am getting:

The table exists on the sql server, but as zen_free_shipping_referrals.

I'll keep looking, maybe I can figure this out.
    Figured it out. I forgot to send tell_a_friend_shipping_filenames.php to the server. I should know better than to work on this with a few hours sleep. Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Any example sites so I can get a sense for how this will appear to customers? I have FEC to complicate things.

At what point does it send the emails and is there any sort of email validation?

Can you control the number of emails requested and the message displayed?
    For example, "Enter 4 emails to get $2 off your shipping"

I would imagine this will get a lot of bogus email addresses but it does have good potential.

What would probably be better is if it sent emails and if and when the emailees came to the site, only then did it retro give the discount. For example, if 4 emails gives a $2 discount, then for each emailee, $0.50 would be refunded. Timing of refunds would likely be an issue.
    Perhaps after 1 week, it expires, and refunds the accumulated amount, if any.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post
    Any example sites so I can get a sense for how this will appear to customers? I have FEC to complicate things.

At what point does it send the emails and is there any sort of email validation?

Can you control the number of emails requested and the message displayed?
    For example, "Enter 4 emails to get $2 off your shipping"

I would imagine this will get a lot of bogus email addresses but it does have good potential.

What would probably be better is if it sent emails and if and when the emailees came to the site, only then did it retro give the discount. For example, if 4 emails gives a $2 discount, then for each emailee, $0.50 would be refunded. Timing of refunds would likely be an issue.
    Perhaps after 1 week, it expires, and refunds the accumulated amount, if any.
    I have it set up on one site http://store.flavorwood.org

As for the options, you have set shipping charge, set handling fee, free if total is less than, free if total is greater than, free if weight is less than, free if weight is greater than, free if item count is less than, free if item count is greater than, captcha yes/no, and # of email addresses required.

The module does a good job logging the email addresses used in the DB to prevent them from being reused.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the link.
    It would appear that Google and PayPal express bypass the page.
    Also, your shipping options present some high cost options and the "free" shipping does not mention the carrier or how long it will take. I imagine that you do get a lot of people completing the free shipping option as it is a significant savings.
    For me, I want the page to appear before they get to the checkout page. That way no one can bypass it. Perhaps I can strip out the guts and move it to my shopping cart page.

Plugin Contributions

Google does bypass, supposedly it can pull shipping rates off the cart but I could never get it to work so I had to have google calculate the rates. They just had me setup paypal for them and I forgot to change off the default auto choose cheapest rate. The things you miss when lacking sleep.

As for their shipping rates, cant do much about it. Their focus is product availability for those who can't buy it at a local store. They added a handling fee to try to keep people buying the product in stores instead of the site.

The free shipping option doesn't get used too much. Most purchases are below the free shipping threshold.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Thanks for nice module. I installed this on 1.3.9h version and having following issues.

(1) When shipping page loads it select this module instead of other available methods and shows 0 shipping in order total. Customer don't have to fill email and friend name and can make order with free shipping. How I can make these field required and not have this method default select when page loads?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123