Plugin Contributions

Default Hardcoded prices for custom shipping options, in addition to normal table rate option

Hello,

First time posting here, hopefully this is the proper forum for this question.

I have a pseudo-client who wants me to customize the shipping options during checkout so that while the normal table rate cost is shown and available as a choice, there will be 3 additional choices, that always have the same cost no matter what the ordered item or quantity is. These will be completely custom packaging and shipping options that she handles manually for those who pay for it.

This is my first experience with Zencart, and I had
    hoped to simply find where the HTML comes from, edit a table to show additional rows for the extra 3 options, and hardcode the costs somewhere. I looked at table.php, and several other files, and soon determined that it wouldn't be quite as trivial as I had originally hoped.

Could anyone please give me some information about the best, fastest, and/or easiest way to accomplish this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

This store is running 1.3.8a

Thanks,

Josh

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hardcoded prices for custom shipping options, in addition to normal table rate op

Firstly, ZC is not HTML based, but PHP based.

The PHP will "cobble" pages together from scores of resources and files, and the resultant page is "parsed" into HTML so a browser can read and interpret it.

So, simply Hard Coding your alternative shipping options will be pointless, unless you have some mechanism of attaching the data this collected (ie: a customer's choice to use it), to the order, and the customer, the order total calculator and various other related functions within the system.

Forget even trying to attempt this with HTML. It's pointless.

What you need to do is configure a shipping module to behave in the way you need it to, and (at a glance) the FLAT RATE module may be a good starting point.

If you need several "variables" of flat rate, then CLONING the module to provide a similar function (but with different values) is also possible.