Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

I do have the configuration set to Shipping...

I hope I understand this module correctly, I set the local tax rates so that I have the ability to charge additional tax based on City, Zip or suburb.
    The state of KS I can get an excel sheet of all the cities and the tax rate (this includes the state sales tax too). So I just want to be able to dump the City and Tax value into the database so that when a person orders something, it pulls their local tax rate and charges them that tax.

If this is how this works, I wonder if I have a bad file? It's as if the script continues to loop through the database and is pulling and displaying every tax in the local tax database. KS has 798 cities, so I'm getting a list of 798 cities and a tax value at checkout. Once you reach the city that the person is shipping to, from that city on the same value is displayed and totaled for the total tax which ends up being astronomical.

I DL the script from the zencart website and didn't alter it in any way but that's how it's reacting.

any addiitonal help would be great

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

CMJohn

I cant say for sure what would be causing the results you are seeing without knowing exactly how the file was set up, can you send me or show me where you got the file?

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for this Mod--I can't wait to use it!

I have just downloaded & installed it but the link to add the taxes isn't under Locations/Taxes --> Local Sales Taxes.

Any tips? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything that specifically addressed this.

I have Zen Cart 1.3.9d (from v1.3.8 install).

Plugin Contributions

KathyM,
    Generally speaking, if the link isn't showing then some of the files are not in the right place.
    Have you renamed your admin folder? If so did you remember to account for that when you were uploading the files? The mod admin folder would still be called admin so you would need to either manually move those files over or rename the admin folder in the mod to match whatever you renamed your admin to.

Hope that make sense
    LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

supersnow,
    If the tax has suddenly stopped showing up I guess the obvious first question is have you made any recent changes that might be causing problems?
    As a test I rolled back to the version when local taxes was working and now it isn't working again. So I can't figure it out. With the version of the store when I had just installed the files that you sent me now is not showing the local taxes. I just can't figure it out!

It just doesn't show at all no matter if the person is exempt or not.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

LadyHLG--D'oh... thank you for your fast & accurate reply! Fixed and now it shows up. :)

Clearly it's been too long since I last tried to get my cart up and running...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    As a test I rolled back to the version when local taxes was working and now it isn't working again. So I can't figure it out. With the version of the store when I had just installed the files that you sent me now is not showing the local taxes. I just can't figure it out!

It just doesn't show at all no matter if the person is exempt or not.
    supersnow,
    If nothing is still showing up even after the roll back, then I am at a loss. I guess my suggestion would be to re-upload all the tax mod files and start fresh. As I haven't heard of any similar issues from anyone else, I have to assume there is something in your set up that is causing things.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

hi,

does this mod also generate a sales tax report that separates taxed sales from non taxed sales?

thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsdcypher View Post
    hi,

does this mod also generate a sales tax report that separates taxed sales from non taxed sales?

thanks.
    Sorry, no it does not. I did have another mod to summarize some of this but I have not updated it recently so I have no idea if it works with the newer version of zen. If you want to try it out its in the downloads section, you can search for sales tax report. There may also be other addon that will do what you want.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the quick reply! i will give this a try and look for the others.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast