Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Thank you for the reply! Somehow missed getting notification email. So module would not support multiple rule matches? Eg if a county in state has a rate of its own I must make a single rule applying county and state for the zip codes in county. The another rule or rules for all other zips in state to just get state tax?

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone seen or built a module to connect to the Washington State Tax API ? http://dor.wa.gov/Content/FindTaxesA...Interface.aspx
    Last edited by rockwater; 24 Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added URL to API

Plugin Contributions

Hello I just downloaded this mod and have a question. I have the sales tax rate table by zip code for South Carolina. I see various zip codes consist of 2 or more counties and may have different rates for respective counties. Can this module handle this issue or if not how can I handle it?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I believe the module searches by zip code for the tax rate so whatever county name it has isn't going to matter. The name of the county is really only there to display for the customer in checkout. As long as you've got the zip code assigned it's proper tax rate, you should be fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by potteryhouse View Post
    The short answer is no. You can see just what happens by doing a test checkout on this site www.1potteryhouse.com
    The site is based in Florida, and has 64 counties with varying tax rates setup based on zip codes. The mode looks at the zip code of the ship too address you enter and does a lookup in the database tables to find the tax rate. The customer only has to enter a valid address, the mod uses that information.
    This site does NOT calculate florida sales tax correctly. I put in 32092 for my zip code and it says 6% at checkout. It should add the St Johns County surtax of 0.5% which it did not

Plugin Contributions

Anyone tried this mod on 1.5.5f? I installed 2.5.3a version and it worked fine for tax rate calculation. However, sales tax rate for store pickup is incorrect. It should be based on my store zipcode, but it is actually based on the zipcode from shipping address.

Plugin Contributions

Finally I found a walkaround solution for the previous issue. Here is the link: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Menu-for-1-5-x

By this modification, you can limit this Pickup option to postcodes surrounding your physical store location. I modified the 1.5.5f version storepickup.php, and it worked good. You need to remove your store pickup module over admin page and install it back again. Also "Shipping Zone" option is blank after you install pickup module. You need to change it back to your default zone, otherwise it may not function properly.

I tried to use TaxCloud plug-in, but it looks like its registration process is very complicated.

Plugin Contributions

I tried to installed this mode on 157 with php7.2, unfortunately it doesn't work. It generated warning log like following:

#1 require_once() called at [/public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php:37]
    #2 require(/public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/public_html/test/admin/includes/application_top.php:37]
    #3 require(/public_html/test/admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/public_html/test/admin/login.php:8]
    #4 require(/public_html/test/admin/login.php) called at [/public_html/test/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: require_once(includes/init_includes/init_local_sales_taxes_install.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php on line 37.

[30-Sep-2020 14:05:28 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'includes/init_includes/init_local_sales_taxes_install.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php on line 37

Any alternatives other than TaxCloud? I need to collect tax based on county or zipcode.

Plugin Contributions

does the file
    Code:
    includes/init_includes/init_local_sales_taxes_install.php
    actually exist in your site?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I re-upload all the files for this plug-in, and it worked on my 157! Thanks for your help!

There is a deprecated warning, and I added the following code to ot_local_sales_taxes.php and it is good now.

public function __construct()
    {
    // Constructor's functionality here, if you have any.
    }

See note here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...tor-class-name