Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Hello, in-case anyone is still using this, I am looking at updating this plugin to Zencart v1.5.0. So, if anyone has information on specific bugs that should be or have been resolved in the forum, please send then, I am hopping this update will not be too time consuming, but I need it for a store and thought others may like it as well. I am starting the update based upon the latest code I found posted in this forum and the updates that were on the plugins download site (v2.5, and v2.5.1). as a start to the update I have already created a Florida specific SQL file with counties and related zip codes as of 2012, and related uninstaller, I will post those here for anyone that would like them.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

This zip file has the SQL files I mentioned above. Attachment 10720

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by potteryhouse View Post
    Hello, in-case anyone is still using this, I am looking at updating this plugin to Zencart v1.5.0. So, if anyone has information on specific bugs that should be or have been resolved in the forum, please send then, I am hopping this update will not be too time consuming, but I need it for a store and thought others may like it as well. I am starting the update based upon the latest code I found posted in this forum and the updates that were on the plugins download site (v2.5, and v2.5.1). as a start to the update I have already created a Florida specific SQL file with counties and related zip codes as of 2012, and related uninstaller, I will post those here for anyone that would like them.
    Thank you in advance for the effort. I have tried previously to contact the author with no sucess and several programmers that would not even give in an attempt because someone else wrote it.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Thanks for the good news.
    I would like to keep using this mod if possible. I'll be switching to v1.5.0 next month.
    A feature that would be useful for me: it would be nice to get an output of the associated tax code number for the matched zip code. For example, my state (Washington) has a four digit "Location code" for each region. The nine digit zip code is necessary to determine which location code is correct. There are usually about 50000 zip code ranges, but there are only less than 500 location codes. I normally need to look up the location code manually. It would be nice to have an extra field to output the corresponding location code. It need not affect the matching, just output the extra information.
    Thanks again.
    Jason A.

Plugin Contributions

This is an update to the tax mod, for version 1.3.9 only, this is the first step in the update to make it compatible with version 1.5.0. I have installed in on the site http://www.1potteryhouse.com/ and it seems to be working correctly. If anyone else would like to test it, let me know if there are issues. In the zip there is a readme.txt file that details the changes I made.

The two main changes are bug fixes and the inclusion of a Florida only SQL file.
    Bug fix in "catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_local_sales_taxes.php" to resolve calculation error.
    Bug fix in "catalog/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_local_taxes.php", to resolve case select error and added zip + 4 support.

Due to upload size limit this is a tar/gzip file that needs to be extracted using a compatible tool such as Cygwin with this command 'gzip -dc localSalesTaxMod2.5.2.tar.zip | tar xv' or with 7zip available from http://www.7-zip.org/.

As with any mods, use at your own risk! Make sure you create backups prior to installation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by patternman View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for the good news.
    I would like to keep using this mod if possible. I'll be switching to v1.5.0 next month.
    A feature that would be useful for me: it would be nice to get an output of the associated tax code number for the matched zip code. For example, my state (Washington) has a four digit "Location code" for each region. The nine digit zip code is necessary to determine which location code is correct. There are usually about 50000 zip code ranges, but there are only less than 500 location codes. I normally need to look up the location code manually. It would be nice to have an extra field to output the corresponding location code. It need not affect the matching, just output the extra information.
    Thanks again.
    Jason A.
    I need to understand more about what the location code is you refer to, is it the postal code "ZIP PLUS 4" or something specific to the state. If it is the zip plus 4, then it can be added to the zip code with a -, if not a new field will be needed I would think. A sample and or a link to the description may help.

Plugin Contributions

I submitted an update today for the module that includes instructions to make this work with Zen Cart 1.5.
    I do not know when they will become available for download, but they should show up here http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=422

These are the basic instructions to add the mod to the admin menu in version 1.5.
    -- go to Admin Page Registration

-- Page Key = "localSalesTaxes"
    -- Page Name = "BOX_TAXES_LOCAL_SALES_TAXES"
    -- Page Filename = "FILENAME_LOCAL_SALES_TAXES"
    -- Page Parameters = "" (Nothing to enter here)
    -- Menu = "Locations / Taxes"
    -- Display on Menu? = CHECKED
    -- Sort Order = "6" (Most likely next available Sort Order number)
    Last edited by potteryhouse; 18 Aug 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I tried to install the Zen Cart Local Sales Tax Mod but I am stuck on instruction #1 "Copy all files inside the catalog folder to your cart." I am not sure if that means that I need to upload them using my FTP file manager in Godaddy or not. If that is where the all the files go, I am not sure what folder they actually go in. I am using the Apparel Boutique template. I think that admin folder is the first folder called "adminurrhtcqq" in my zencart. If anyone can help me out with some step by step instructions that would be great. I desperately need to have this Mod inorder to run my business correctly in my state. Thank you so much and I look foward to hearing someone

Thanks,
    Matthew

Plugin Contributions

Make sure you read through all the help files before making changes, and backup the shop and database so that you have a restore point to go back to if you have issues.
    (readme.html and readme_version 2.5.2.txt)

It is usually best to try this process on a local copy (a version of zen cart installed on your local PC) prior to doing this online, that way you get a good feel for what should be done prior to making changes to the "real" site.

The files go into the folder on your host that your shop runs from within, they are copied using an FTP tool.

For example, if your shop is in a folder named "MYSHOP", then the the folder from the download called "catalog" would be equivalent to the folder called "MYSHOP", they would contain the same sub-folders structure and the files are simply overlay-ed into your "MYSHOP", note that none of these files should over write your current files, they are in addition. Remember that part of the zen cart installation renames your admin folder, so your should rename the admin folder in the catalog folder to match your sites admin folder (makes the copying easier).

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by potteryhouse; 24 Aug 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have any help for setting up NY local taxes, such as County and City taxes. I read about the Local Sales Tax Mod. I have it downloaded but what is the most effecient way to set it up. Had it set up originally without the mod, and it was just adding every single county and city tax to the order. How do you link the local taxes to the order and how does it recognize what tax it should charge the customer. Any help would be much appreciated!

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast