Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Is this plugin compatible with v1.5.1 (latest release)? Is anyone using it with v1.5.1?

Plugin Contributions

I am trying do a New Install of this mod. In readme.html it says to run the LocalSalesTaxv2.5.sql file. Where is this file located? I looked in the sqlfiles folder and only see the following files but not LocalSalesTaxv2.5.sql:
    - addressBookZoneValidation.sql
    - Florida_tax_rates_local.sql
    - tax_rates_local.sql
    - uninstall_Florida_zones_and_tax_rates_local.sql
    - Zencart_v1.5.0_admin_localSalesTaxes.sql

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by runawayd View Post
    Is this plugin compatible with v1.5.1 (latest release)? Is anyone using it with v1.5.1?
    I'm currently testing this under Zen Cart 1.5 - so far I have not run into any major issues with the core install (not using any of the optional SQL patches).

My copy is slightly different... I've been putting together a new packaging of this module with the "sales tax report" module. The new packaging includes an installer (no more manual SQL patches) and uninstaller.

If the current maintainer is interested, I could send them a copy when complete.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

I started out as suggested installing this module at localhost. I had some problems, but finally worked through them. I then decided I was comfortable enough with Zen-Cart and modules uninstall my WordPress page and start from scratch with ZenCart. My site is on HostGator, so was able to just go to the cPanel and install Zen-Cart. Easy enough. Then I tried installing a template. Even though the template creator also uses HostGator and I followed the instructions to the letter, I still had problems with the install. Using Filezilla, when I was supposed to drag the folder to public_html, things would not work right. I don't know where the files went, but they didn't go into the folders they were supposed to. I had to manually drag each file over to the server. Finally got the templates installed, so decided to get the local sales tax module installed. Since this is one that I had installed at localhost, felt pretty confident that, even though I had problems with it then, that I could get it going on my site. I drug it over to the .. at public_html, and again, I don't know where all those files went, but it wasn't where they were supposed to go. I manually drug each file over the the correct folder. Ran the sql statements, and then went to Modules -> Order Totals. The module is not there. I'm not sure what to do at this point to get the module installed, but it is one of those things that I have to have in order to make any online sales to anyone within my state. So to sum it all up, here's what I've done:

Here's what i've done:
    1. Downloaded and unzipped localSalesTaxMod2.5.2
    2. Moved the files to the server using the files in the FullVersion folder
    3. Ran the sql from Zencart_v1.5.0_admin_localSalesTaxes.sql in phpMyAdmin. Compared to what is in the comments of the sql, it inserted the row correctly.
    4. Ran the sql from tax_rates_local.sql in phpMyAdmin. Views structure and it created correctly.
    5. Ran the sql from Alabama_tax_rates_local.sql which I created using the Florida example when I installed this at localhost.

When I go to Locations / Taxes, everything appears to be correct and when I look at it in phpMyAdmin, all looks correct there too. I really don't understand why the module is not showing up to install.

Please advise what to do next to try to get this going.

Thanks,
    Alisa
    Dancing Bay Embroidery

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbay View Post
    I started out as suggested installing this module at localhost.
    Maybe a stupid question, but when you installed you copied the files from "includes" to "public_html/includes" and the files from "admin" to "public_html/the name of your admin folder"? And the web server has permission to open those files?

Any error logs (for the web server or Zen Cart)?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

I have some background in web development, but maybe some knowledge is more dangerous than none. So, the questions you're asking are not foreign to me.

I am using FileZilla. I knew I couldn't copy admin into the root, but had to open each up and copy files in from that level. I didn't see any error messages. I am assuming that the permissions are set correctly becuase I installed a template from Picaflor Azul with only minor problems. I did run a backup, I think right before I tried to install this module, so maybe I need to back out and start over, including a fresh download. I've found over the years that sometimes you can think you're doing something correctly several times with poor results and then finally it will work and you don't know what you did different. My mom used to say you just have to hold your mouth right [old southern saying]. Anyway, I will go back in and check permissions to make sure those are ok and see if I can go back and look at the log to see if there were any error messages.

Thanks,
    Alisa

Plugin Contributions

I re-downloaded and unzipped the module. Then I went back in to FileZilla and carefully move the files over to the server. Apparently I had not moved all the file in the includes folder, so once I did that, I was able to install. I'm up and running now, but when I start to implement, I may have more questions. Hopefully, they will all be answered somewhere in the 54 pages of the thread.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for reporting back! And glad you were able to find the missing file(s).

Plugin Contributions

Hi runawayd, if you have not already solved this, maybe this will help.
    The LocalSalesTaxv2.5.sql file name in the readme.html is obviously been replaced, please see the readme_version 2.5.2.txt file (assuming you are using the current package localSalesTaxMod2.5.2.zip). When I made the update I tried to leave the original instructions alone and create the additional readme file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by runawayd View Post
    If the current maintainer is interested, I could send them a copy when complete.
    Hi, I put together the last version from the resources on this site and made a few tweaks though I am not the 'official' maintainer, I would like to make another update sometime this year to try and solve a couple of issues that have been reported (problem with using coupons / discounts) the files you mentioned seem like they would be a good addition. That said if you decide to make the updates an post them that would be okay with me. :)

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast