Plugin Contributions

Default define_main_page

how do i change main page to show includes\languages\english\product_new.php ?

also, how to set up that my Information box - Shipping displays includes\languages\english\shipping.php instead of includes\languages\english\html_includes\clasic\define_shipping.php

i don't understand the purpose of ...\english\***.php if links open ...\html_includes\clasic\define_***.php
    can i avoid this and how?

also, why does "contact us" link from information box show some data i set up to show in my invoice, then from define_contact_us.php and then from contact_us.php ???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: define_main_page

how do i change main page to show includes\languages\english\product_new.php ?

looks to me like you have yet to fully understand the workings of Zen-cart .. running before walking ?
    main index page calls all the seperate modules / pages when they are needed .. New products will be shown ( if configured in the admin , they are by default ) when you have products on your site , showing products with date added most recent , first.

also, how to set up that my Information box - Shipping displays includes\languages\english\shipping.php instead of includes\languages\english\html_includes\clasic\define_shipping.php

i don't understand the purpose of ...\english\***.php if links open ...\html_includes\clasic\define_***.php
    can i avoid this and how?
    this is the core of the overides function in zen cart , you see you have your core files .. then the parts that are seperated out into your template name .. in this instance you are looking at Classic , if your template is called "swish" then your file path for overiding files in the language part would include swish in the file path.

Look up info on the overides about this. its the core to understanding
    zen.

I look at Zen in four parts .. the core program ( dont mess ) the Languages , the templates and the modules.

Zen builds each page starting with the core , then loads each module as it needs it , then the templates are called for the layout of thepage , then the languages files for the content on the page.

Thats the best i can do in simplistic terms ! i might be wrong .. but i understand it !!!
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

OK, but since i'm not much of a programmer and have very little knowledge on php, could you PLEASE explain to me how i can do this the easiest way? i'm not trying to build some super site, i'm just trying to learn something new. and there's like a million post before, i can't seem to find what i need...

so, please, as simple as possible - how do i make the links mentioned to show what i want and not the define_***.php pages?

Plugin Contributions

What you say you want to do is not going to work correctly, at least not without a bunch of custom coding, and crazycucumber is trying to tell you the right way to achieve your functional/display goals.

If you really don't want any define page content to show up, empty the corresponding define file.

You will not see the New Products centerbox unless you have products that fit the definition of "new", as set in admin.

Plugin Contributions

after a good night sleep, it hit me - these define pages are actually gonna be great for what i need, if not superb... Who knows, maybe people who wrote zencart knew what they were doing... just kidding, it's great.
    anyway, thanks for advice! i just know i'll have some more problems so - i'll be buck!