Thread: Model Numbers?

Plugin Contributions

Default Model Numbers?

I currently have my Model Numbers displaying under each category, along with Product Image, Item Name, and Price. I would like to have the model number displayed elsewhere, other than in that column. I have seem other Zen sites where you can click on the item and you see the model number displayed under the product image.

Is there a way to remove the model number from that first column (with image, name, model, and price) and ONLY have it display once you click on the item for more information? If that can't be done, can the model number show under the image or someplace where it doesn't crate a whole new column?

I hope I'm making some sense here...

My site is www.kings-kreations.com/zen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Model Numbers?

I am answering part of my own question here, but just to help someone else out, I will post what I found.

To remove the model number column, I went to: Configuration --> Product Listing --> Display Product Model set to 0

To make the model number display in each individual listing: Catalogue --> Product Types --> Products General & selected the Edit Layout button and turned on Show Model Number.

Now my only problem is that my Model Number doesn't appear where I want it to. With most items, it appears right underneath the item description, however, within a certain category (pet tags), the model number is hard to see/locate because it shows after the font & background choices. Can someone tell me how to make that appear after the item description and before the background/font choices. Here is an example: http://www.kings-kreations.com/zen/i...products_id=98

Plugin Contributions

You need to change the following template file to move around the parts of your products page:

templates/template_default/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Change and copy into your override folder:
    templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/

If you move the whole chunk of code from <!bof Products details list> to <!eof> you should be safe. But be careful - that block also contains your weight and stock quantity information.

Plugin Contributions

That worked perfectly!!

Do you know how to remove the bullet and the words 'model number'? Can you make the text a bit bigger?