Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 2.0 - Support thread

Okay so the email side is "buggered" and but there's not warning on the admin page or anything like that, ans there's no warning on the order page ?

(Good things I made is to the client doesn't see it huh ?)

I've probably got a true/ false wrong somewhere, it's a bit difficult "testing" since eevry test credit card always issues a warning by default.

Philip.
    Paypal donation to [email protected] please, or you can wait for the SBD modules.

Quote Originally Posted by philip_clarke View Post
    Okay so the email side is "buggered" and but there's not warning on the admin page or anything like that, ans there's no warning on the order page ?

(Good things I made is to the client doesn't see it huh ?)

I've probably got a true/ false wrong somewhere, it's a bit difficult "testing" since eevry test credit card always issues a warning by default.

Philip.
    Paypal donation to [email protected] please, or you can wait for the SBD modules.
    Nope no warnings any place else. I checked in the worldpay admin and everything is ok and everything in zencart shows ok so like i said it's just one of those minor bugs i can happily live with i'm sure it will show itself in time and it will get fixed but it doesn't seem to effect the way anything works and like you said the customer never sees it so were good to go.

Cheers

Y'all Come and see us. http://britishbeefjerky.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bigenuf View Post
    Nope no warnings any place else. I checked in the worldpay admin and everything is ok and everything in zencart shows ok so like i said it's just one of those minor bugs i can happily live with i'm sure it will show itself in time and it will get fixed but it doesn't seem to effect the way anything works and like you said the customer never sees it so were good to go.

Cheers

Y'all Come and see us. http://britishbeefjerky.co.uk
    This is bordering on the bizarre, when I created the royal mail modules, some who has a biltong shop tested a beta that accidentally emails me out if someone clicks one button on one page, and they never ever upgraded even after 2 years and postal rate changes every so often I get emails from their customers about delivery charges.

I think I know what I've done, silly mistake really but also it should trigger at all should be fixed now, just have to zip things up.

Plugin Contributions

okay

http://bouncing.org/WorldPay_ZC1.3.x_v2.02.zip

Now that should work if WorldPay is following it's own instructions. The Documentation states that if there is no warning or caution then a value will not be set, but there is a possibility that the value is set to something like "waf.Harmless" in which case, it's going to still email the shop owner.

If it does it again, then just run the debugging (doesn't harm a live site) and look to see if wafMerchMessage exists in the debug email, if it is there then I need to know the value, if it's not I'll need to rty and figure what's setting the email alerts off but not the warning signs on the worldpay page.

Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by philip_clarke View Post
    okay

http://bouncing.org/WorldPay_ZC1.3.x_v2.02.zip

Now that should work if WorldPay is following it's own instructions. The Documentation states that if there is no warning or caution then a value will not be set, but there is a possibility that the value is set to something like "waf.Harmless" in which case, it's going to still email the shop owner.

If it does it again, then just run the debugging (doesn't harm a live site) and look to see if wafMerchMessage exists in the debug email, if it is there then I need to know the value, if it's not I'll need to rty and figure what's setting the email alerts off but not the warning signs on the worldpay page.

Philip.
    Hi Philip,

Just installed the new 2.02.
    I have a dummy account which i use to test the cart. I just checked the order history of the dummy customer and found this

this was generated with a dummy credit card which worldpay suggests using so i would expect the country code to be wrong but now the customer will see any warnings sent to admin. This shows in the customer orders in admin

We then used a valid credit card for a purchase and this is the result
    This is in the customers account history

This is in the zencart customer order

This is from the WorldPay Payment Responses page

as you can see in the last 2 pics the order and order history both show warnings but the worldpay response says no warnings, everything matches.

Thought i had debug on but didn't. I now have it on and will check for any other messages when i get in the office tomorrow.

Like i said, i'm a happy camper just trying to help debug some minor things.

Time for bed 4 a.m. comes early.
    Thanks for your attention

Plugin Contributions

There's probably something in the comparison setting off a total mismatch, shouldn't be difficult to debug. The Totals mismatch is actually an additional check perform by this module only. Worldpay has no way of knowing whether the amount it's debiting are the same as was on your website (well that's a big generalisation but it can be true).

There's about 3 different places to compare things, a) for the product email, b) for adding to an order, c) for the new series of pages. Unfortunately as all the sections are different and some work with stored information, and others work with information being posted straight through, it's easy for little bugs to come through (and helpful of you for finding them)

An interesting thing, is that worldpay does not always issue a caution on country mismatches or other things, it's a discretionary system, so I made the decsions to post the data through this end and compare it with what is written in worldpay, just in case for example someone is using a nicked credit card to buy goods. In theory WorldPay could clear that (if the address were okay) and you would be none the wiser. If worldpay flags something up at a later date, you should be able to claim your money back "easier", saying "oi you cleared this" and this is where the goods were delivered too btw. If you were in doubt (becasue of big billing address/ worldpay address, you could delay sending goods by 24 hours, and then you should get a message through from worldpay says "err, that credit card we cleared...."

An interesting thing too. Only since version 2 (maybe 1.03) has zencart sent through the billing address. Prior to this, even though it asked your shoppers for billing details, it would then go ahead and send out their regstration details regardless due to a big omission in the code dating back to about 2004.

Plugin Contributions

red flag WorldPay Module version 2.03 - Important Update

http://bouncing.org/WorldPay_ZC1.3.x_v2.03.zip

This is an important update with many thanks to Bigenuf for the screenshots that showed a small possible "customer relations" problem. Here's the changelog:

v2.03 - Important Upgrade - New feature requires remove and install.
    5 November 2008
    New Discreet feature added. Although WorldPay warnings were being mailed to the store owner, the customer was never supposed to be able to see these. Unfortunately they appear on the customer's ::My Account:: page. Now one can choose whether to be "Discreet" and not let the customer know if any warnings were issued. Many thanks to Bigenuf for providing screenshots
    Fixed bug where incoming payment values were being treated as a string not as a number so falsely setting off a "Payment Value Mismatch" warning.
    Fixed bug on country matching, this may still be a "known issue" in the USA because WorldPay provides the country information as "United States" whereas Zencart stores the country as "United States of America"
    Please note that these updates are not historical, once an order is generated one cannot remove the comments. (This is for legal reasons, e.g. your business had a registered address on an order in 2007 changed in 2008, the law states that the invoice/ order must not change after it has been issued, so an order is "fixed" with only additional comments being allowed).
    Bigenuf has found an important issue which I will write a module for. If you have a difficult customer and you write in the comments "This guy is a pain in the B*TT", and don't Notify Customer you would expect the notes to be for your own private viewing, by Bigenuf has shown that the "private notes" are visible to the customer in ::my accounts::

I have created a discreet mode for this payment module, so that you are still notified by email (twice) if worldpay issues a caution or a warning, you can still check country/ postcode matches on the WorldPay Payments page, but by default you are now "discreet" in that the details do not appear on the orders unless you want to.

Unfortunately this module does NOT and cannot backdate comments on orders.

I will create a new module to enable a discreet mode on global order comments (that I may be able to backdate), so that you can write "this customer is a pain..." and then they won't be able to see it. I personally know that I once wrote "Possible Fraud" against one customer after repeated problems with delivery, so I will address this as soon as possible, bearing in mind that on November 7th I may be having keyhole surgery if I am "fit" enough.

Philip.

I installed the new version 2.03 early this morning. I've had a few orders since then but none with any worldpay warnings. Everything looks spot on but will have to wait until a warning is issued to see that it fully works.

Once again thanks for the great work.

Plugin Contributions

I have been working through a "discreet" system now for marking up orders, that will be global with an "Internal Office Display Only" setting, so that people wil be able to safely write memos and their customers. I'll then have to make a decision as to whether I should remove the discreet mode in this module and insist on installing the other one (which is better as it sorts out all other modules too, if any others want to write the code in).

The current text on the orders page is confusing, where it says "Append Comments" it actually means Append comments to the customer notification email if you have chosen to send on out, but the comments are still going to appear here and on the client's ::my account:: pages.

Plugin Contributions

I have got it working! don’t use caps in your WP passwords, just use lowercase and its working fine. Thanks for this thread its been a great help!

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast