Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 2.0 - Support thread

Righto then - module installed and my Zen Cart seesm to be talking to the Worldpay server!
    However this is not the result I was expecting. I assumed that the customer would enter card details into an https page on my site and that the details would be passed transparently to Worldpay - instead the customer is taken to the ugly ol' Worldpay pages to make the transaction. Is this the way its supposed to work?
    Ta

Plugin Contributions

Yep - that's the way WorldPay does it...but you can edit their pages although if I recall correctly, it's a bit of a tedious process.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ixnay View Post
    Righto then - module installed and my Zen Cart seesm to be talking to the Worldpay server!
    However this is not the result I was expecting. I assumed that the customer would enter card details into an https page on my site and that the details would be passed transparently to Worldpay - instead the customer is taken to the ugly ol' Worldpay pages to make the transaction. Is this the way its supposed to work?
    Ta
    Yes and this is the manual,

http://www.worldpay.com/support/kb/mergedProjects/htmlredirect/rhtml5202.html

note the big red writing and skull that says "you cannot collect details on your site".

If that is what you want to do, then WorldPay is not the gateway for for you, try Protx or possibly one of the advacned paypal options.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks very much. I thought maybe I was being a bit thick. Hadn't read the manual though I must admit. It seems to me that WorldPay is not that great a deal for anyone. They charge the clients a big chunk, and cannot fully integrate into the site. I would prefer to use Secpay but there is no payments module for that.
    But kudos to you for getting this all happening, and I really appreciate your swift help.
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks very much. I thought maybe I was being a bit thick. Hadn't read the manual though I must admit. It seems to me that WorldPay is not that great a deal for anyone. They charge the clients a big chunk, and cannot fully integrate into the site. I would prefer to use Secpay but there is no payments module for that.
    But kudos to you for getting this all happening, and I really appreciate your swift help.
    Cheers
    Give me the details on Secpay and I'll see what I can do !

Plugin Contributions

http://www.paypoint.net/support/paym...upport/guides/

Have at it! They seem to be called Paypoint now but are essentially the same thing. I have been using them for years in conjunction with Mals Cart. The nice thing about this lot is that they charge about half of what the other gateways do, plus they get the money into the clients account within 28 hours. And they answer the phone. Bonus!
    Oh, and if you sign up with them as a reseller you get a little percentage on every transaction they make with clients you have signed up.
    Its almost like money for nothing.
    I have had a Russian programmer build an interface for me when I once (ONCE) used the LiteCommerce program. Its certainly doable and would make a great add on for Zen Cart.
    Cheers
    j

Plugin Contributions

http://www.paypoint.net/support/paym...upport/guides/

Have at it! They seem to be called Paypoint now but are essentially the same thing. I have been using them for years in conjunction with Mals Cart. The nice thing about this lot is that they charge about half of what the other gateways do, plus they get the money into the clients account within 28 hours. And they answer the phone. Bonus!
    Oh, and if you sign up with them as a reseller you get a little percentage on every transaction they make with clients you have signed up.
    Its almost like money for nothing.
    I have had a Russian programmer build an interface for me when I once (ONCE) used the LiteCommerce program. Its certainly doable and would make a great add on for Zen Cart.
    Cheers
    j
    I'll see what I can schedule in, I'm just about to release some security software for ZC and am in the final stages of testing some of the software (as well a maintaining this).

BUT WorldPay is not that bad, and I'll tell you why. When I first found the flaw in this module, someone pointed out that I have a particularly criminal mind. Now if I were to hack Zencart with WorldPay, then all I would be left with, would be a load of addresses and email details (still worth something), but let's say that I hacked a server that sent Credit Card details away. Not stored them in anyway, just sends them through to protx or paypoint.

What I would do is I would change the URL of the form to send the information to a server that I controlled and then I forward the exact same information onto PayPoint. Nothing would look out of the ordinary, you as a shop keeper would still get all of your money as paypoint would send it back, your customers would get their goods, but in the middle, I would happily be collecting credit card details with very little chance of discovery and the system would probably only stop when you upgraded and overwrote the file I'd altered.

Now with worldpay, you can't do this, you could send the user to a fake worldpay website to reap their details, but it's not going to last long as the shop owner is going to receive complaints pretty quickly, and it's not going to be able to send you back to the website to the correct places, like checkout success, maybe it would last a week rather than six months.

Just my 2c, I don't use worldpay I just maintain the module, although I am working on software that would stop the first scenario from happening, I just didn't realise that point, when I was musing over the pros and cons.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers
    did you check out Stephen's module that he did for Secpay clients back in October 2006

http://www.zen-cart.com/
    index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=328

Plugin Contributions

Hi Philip, do you think the time has come for Zen Cart to now list your Worldpay ver 2.04 in the Free Software Add Ons page

AND hopefully the Zen Cart webmaster will now list Worldpay (in conjunction with your ver 2 module ) on the Recommeded Services page

zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=39

Also, I think now is the time to alert Worldpay to the marvelous work you have done in the last few months to get this far

I notice Zen Cart is not listed on the Storebuilder Directory
    worldpay.com/storebuilders/index.php?c=UK

It does not cost anything for Zen Cart to do this

worldpay.com/storebuilders/content.php?page=why&c=UK

But the "Merchant Benefits" are clear to see, and it would give potential users of Zen Cart more confidence to be sure !

Plugin Contributions

just noticed it is in the Free Software Add Ons list

zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=contrib_search_result&keyword=worldpay

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast