Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How Do I Redefine This? - Removing PayPal From Default Checkout Page ONLY

I have created a system on my store to allow customers to either checkout quickly, using PayPal or GoogleCheckout, or checkout using the default Zen Cart checkout, for those people wanting to use cheques and postal orders.

I have just about completed this but have come unstuck completely on the payment information page because, whilst I can turn the cards off in admin, I cannot get rid of the PayPal checkout link and button because of this:

PHP Code:
    <?php

foreach($payment_modules->modules as $pm_code => $pm) {
        if(
    substr($pm0strrpos($pm'.')) == 'googlecheckout') {
          unset(
    $payment_modules->modules[$pm_code]);
        }
      }

$selection $payment_modules->selection();

if (
    sizeof($selection) > 1) {
    ?>
    If you don't know what you are looking at you probably cannot help me with this, but, in a nutshell, it is a piece of code that pulls all the available payment modules together and displays them. - Great, you might think, but what happens when you want to have Check/Money Order only as a payment option?

So, if anyone can redefine this for me so it only pulls up the Check/Money Order module I would be really grateful.
    What do you mean it wouldn't work, so you removed all those annoying PHP tags....?!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Do I Redefine This? - Removing PayPal From Default Checkout Page ONLY

It would actually be quite acceptable, if not better, if I could change the code so there were no options at all for the customer - just an assumption by the checkout process that payment by check/money order would be used.

Alternatively, it would be even better still if I could bypass that page altogether - going from the shipping selection page to the order confirmation page, only I cannot find the link on the shipping page to enable me to test this.
    What do you mean it wouldn't work, so you removed all those annoying PHP tags....?!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Do I Redefine This? - Removing PayPal From Default Checkout Page ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by coffee granules View Post
    I have created a system on my store to allow customers to either checkout quickly, using PayPal or GoogleCheckout, or checkout using the default Zen Cart checkout, for those people wanting to use cheques and postal orders.
    Um ... I don't know why you think you need to "create a system" to do what Zen Cart already does by default.

Maybe you only needed to change the wording on the default "checkout" button displayed on your shopping cart page to say "pay by cheque"?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm simply creating two distinct and clear paths for my customers: those who have a PayPal or GC account click on the relevant buttons at the checkout, whilst those who don't use the default Zen Cart checkout process.

It is very simple and not causing an problems... until I hit this issue...

I am currently looking at modifying the paypalwpp.php - some interesting FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT hrefs in there, and PPEC does not rely on Zen Cart's default checkout pages, if I am not mistaken, so maybe I can do something with this...

Plugin Contributions

Also, making the button say "Pay by Cheque" doesn't really fix anything - I would still have that darned PayPal selection on the shipping payment page...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coffee granules View Post
    Also, making the button say "Pay by Cheque" doesn't really fix anything - I would still have that darned PayPal selection on the shipping payment page...
    "shipping payment page"?

If you're referring to the checkout_payment page, I would check whether it's required there according to PayPal's TOS ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No, you misunderstand, - the page I am trying to modify is the FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT page.

I am using the default checkout purely for people paying by cheque, so I do not want that PayPal radio button on the FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT page. In fact it would be easier if that page could be skipped altogether because there is no point having a "confirm your payment" page if the customer is only going to be paying by cheque.

Plugin Contributions

I have 'fixed' it now. - Find the words and image link in

languages/english/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php

...and remove them. - It's a cludge, and leaves an active radio button on the page.

Silly, I know, but it seems to be about the only way of removing PayPal from the FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT page if you are trying to create a purely offline payment path for people wanting to use cheques and postal orders to pay for their orders ...and yes, it is important because a big reason for cart abandonment is clutter and confusing layout.

Thanks for the help, though, Doc! - Guess this is something else that needs to be addressed in the next release - clearer, cleaner paths for offline payments (including BACS!).

Plugin Contributions

I think you missed the point - You need to check with PayPal about the requirements for Payment Selections.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see why. - I have an option on my site for people wanting to use PayPal (the PayPal Express Checkout) and I use the default Zen Cart checkout for people wanting to pay by cheque/postal order.

PayPal have no say in this. - It is my store, my checkout, and if want to have PayPal as an option for one set of customers, but not another I should not be forced to display a PayPal checkout option for that other set of customers, especially when that other set of customers want to use offline payment options.

These options are made very clear on my website and are there to make things easier for the customer, but now I find the "easily customisable" software, once again, cannot be customised to make this possible and again needs to be hacked but why, when all I need is a simple redefine of the code to pull up the check/money order module instead of "all available modules"?

I really like the Zen Cart software, but things like this do nothing to encourage people to use it because you spend weeks getting everything just right and then end up at a total dead end with things like this.
    Last edited by coffee granules; 5 Nov 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast