Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Instructions: How to make shipping options work with google

WOW HERE IT IS! I found this digging through crap elsewhere

When you navigate to google checkout as a customer, it would not follow the pricing rules-- it would allow free shipping for any order regardless of price.

Here’s the Zen Cart Google Checkout Solution:

In the googlecheckout/gcheckout.php file, find these two lines: (line numbers 533 & 534)

$price = $quote[’methods’][0][’cost’];
    $shipping_price = $currencies->get_value(DEFAULT_CURRENCY) * ($price>=0?$price:0);

replace them with:

if ($quote) {
    $shipping_price = $currencies->get_value(DEFAULT_CURRENCY) * ($price>=0?$price:0);
    }else{
    unset($googlepayment->mc_shipping_methods[$key]) ;
    continue ;
    }

This should fix the other options in freeshipper as well - items, and weight, since it performs the same way (though I haven’t fully tested it in every possible combination or onfiguration). It should also fix any other shipping methods that just don’t show up based on some sort of option configuration.

Hope this helps someone else!

Kevin

*MOD PLEASE STICKY THIS*

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Instructions: How to make shipping options work with google

wow.. i really wish i would have found it sooner. I just spend the whole night hacking this thing and came up with something similar..posted it here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=656187

did a quick search to see if anyone else is looking for it and found your thread which seems to be cleaner code and it solves other potential problems.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

MarcRTHCO,

I installed your fix and it seems to work but I think I may have found a bug.

(My home state requires sales tax on shipping if the buyer is in the same state.) When I set the free shipping option - Tax Class to "Taxable Goods" then this fix stops working. If I set Tax Class back to "none" then it works again.

I am doing this in the Admin > Modules > Shipping Modules > Free Shipping Options > Tax Class.

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Im using the order total module to do my free shipping on order totals over £15 and this mod just makes my shipping free with all google checkout orders irrelevant of the price. AHHHHH!! still can fix this!

Plugin Contributions

This still won't work from me. I have the shipping insurance mod and this automatically adds the shipping insurance on but with a value of £0.00 which to a customer would look like they have free insurance!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gobrinton View Post
    MarcRTHCO,

I installed your fix and it seems to work but I think I may have found a bug.

(My home state requires sales tax on shipping if the buyer is in the same state.) When I set the free shipping option - Tax Class to "Taxable Goods" then this fix stops working. If I set Tax Class back to "none" then it works again.

I am doing this in the Admin > Modules > Shipping Modules > Free Shipping Options > Tax Class.

Thanks for your help.

I have this same exact problem. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

I tried this, and I am STILL getting the "FreeOptions = $0" choice, along with USPS Media, Parcel and Express all at $1. How can I resolve this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MarcRTHCO View Post
    WOW HERE IT IS! I found this digging through crap elsewhere

When you navigate to google checkout as a customer, it would not follow the pricing rules-- it would allow free shipping for any order regardless of price.

Here’s the Zen Cart Google Checkout Solution:

In the googlecheckout/gcheckout.php file, find these two lines: (line numbers 533 & 534)

replace them with:

if ($quote) {
    }else{
    unset($googlepayment->mc_shipping_methods[$key]) ;
    continue ;
    }

This should fix the other options in freeshipper as well - items, and weight, since it performs the same way (though I haven’t fully tested it in every possible combination or onfiguration). It should also fix any other shipping methods that just don’t show up based on some sort of option configuration.

Hope this helps someone else!

Kevin

*MOD PLEASE STICKY THIS*
    i did this and still no shipping being added to google checkout , i have uk google checkout and i have shipping methods_uk.php