Plugin Contributions

Default How do I set the checkbox for Product Notifications to unchecked?

Hello,

I've activated Product Notifications for my store and I notice that during Checkout that the checkbox for the Product Notifications are already checked. This goes against the policy of my store of only sending out marketing emails that the user has specifically and deliberately asked for. Is there a way to have these checkboxes default as NOT checked?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set the checkbox for Product Notifications to unchecked?

Quote Originally Posted by alexwoolfson View Post
    Hello,

I've activated Product Notifications for my store and I notice that during Checkout that the checkbox for the Product Notifications are already checked. This goes against the policy of my store of only sending out marketing emails that the user has specifically and deliberately asked for. Is there a way to have these checkboxes default as NOT checked?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Alex
    Alex,
    admin panel/ configuration/ customer details/ Customer Product Notification Status

1. set this to 0
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Oh, wait -- it doesn't need to be unchecked. You actually have to hit Update to get notified, don't you? OK, nevermind. The solution is to make the language clear that the customer needs to click Update or they won't get email notifications....

Sorry for the false question!

Plugin Contributions

Alex,
    Keen eye, Glad you are on the right track..
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Haredo -- both for your quick reply and your patience!

I'm very anti-spam so I can get a little trigger-happy when I see checkboxes checked by default. But, as usual, Zen Cart is all good.

Thanks again!

Alex

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alexwoolfson View Post

Oh, wait -- it doesn't need to be unchecked. You actually have to hit Update to get notified, don't you? OK, nevermind. The solution is to make the language clear that the customer needs to click Update or they won't get email notifications....

Sorry for the false question!
    Actually, i just found out - while talking to myself somewhere else on this forum - that setting product notifications setting to zero will disable this item as a whole. (you will not be able to disable notifications from the my account page)

You can modify the tpl_checkout_default_success.php and set the value true to false in the relevant section.
    This will give default unchecked