Thread: HSBC - possible

Plugin Contributions

Default HSBC - possible

Hi All
    I'd like to integrate an HSBC business account with my store but I've read posts about how difficult this is. Is the 3rd party module a replacement to the integration that HSBC charge for (see below)?
    Thanks, Steve

HSBC offer either:
    1. Card Payment Interface (CPI) – where orders are taken on your website, but your customer will enter their card payments details on our website.
    2. Application Programmable Interface (API) – where orders and card payments details are completed on your website.

Timescales for this are:
    Time frames will vary depending on the solution you choose. For example, for an integrated solution, you need to allow time for the necessary work to be completed by you or your chosen integrator.

As a rough guide though, we aim to have your Card Processing account set up within 15 working days, from receipt of completed documentation.

and the charges are
    The cost of providing the service is competitively priced, within the market place. If you decide to go ahead, you will receive an individual quote, based on the following structure:

* Set-up charge of £200
    * A monthly management fee of £20

Transaction charges will be negotiated on an individual basis consisting of, credit cards and non UK issued debit cards charged at a percentage of the transaction value. UK issued debit card transactions, will be charged at a fixed rate per transaction.

You also need to consider that there may be additional external integration/developers costs, depending on which integrated solution you opt for.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HSBC - possible

As far as I am aware, there is no "free" payment gateway module for HSBC that you can simply upload and install.

There are many zencart shops around that use HSBC, so there is clearly an API available - but I think this is only available from HSBC themselves.

Call them and ask about a payment module for Zencart specifically.

If they've developed this for other users, then surely it's pretty simple to let you use it too?

Regarding rates and fees... can't comment. If you're selling £10,000,000 product a month, the rates are low. If not ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HSBC - possible

Hi there sjk. I am in a similar position. I have designed a store for a client and he has chosen to use hsbc as his payment provider. I can find very little positive being said about the process which is worrying me slightly - especially as I have to get it done this week!

One ray of hope though is that a member of the forum here, Merlin, has adapted an osCommerce module so that it should work on Zen Cart.

I haven't got it working yet and to be honest haven't a clue what it I am doing, but I guess it won't be far off what we are looking far. If you PM me your email address I can email you the files. Merlin has very kindly made them available. I have only just got my client's bank details through so am just beginning to tackle this issue.

I hope you can get things running ok. I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know how you do it if you do succeed in the next few days - would save me a lot of !!

Stuart