Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Where does the EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER variable defined?

In 'includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php', there is a variable named EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER.

Somehow I couldn't find out which source code does have the variable defined. I have search it in files, but still to no avail.

Anyone could help me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where does the EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER variable defined?

Try admin / configuration / ez pages

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2 View Post
    Try admin / configuration / ez pages

Tina
    Thanks. I see that it's stored in database.
    But I'm still curious which source code that fetch the configuration data from database into that variable?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seifer987 View Post
    Thanks. I see that it's stored in database.
    But I'm still curious which source code that fetch the configuration data from database into that variable?
    Curious is fine. But ... why? What do you want to change about what it's doing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Curious is fine. But ... why? What do you want to change about what it's doing?
    I'm curious because I'm a programmer. If I know how this little thing works, maybe it can improve my knowledge on zen-cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The script automatically loads all records from the configuration table, converting every configuration_key and configuration_value into constants ... which are then available throughout the store. All editing of configuration table records happens via the admin, primarily in the Admin->Configuration menu.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The script automatically loads all records from the configuration table, converting every configuration_key and configuration_value into constants ... which are then available throughout the store. All editing of configuration table records happens via the admin, primarily in the Admin->Configuration menu.
    Yeah, I know that. What I need to know is the script file name and which script declare/define EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seifer987 View Post
    Yeah, I know that. What I need to know is the script file name and which script declare/define EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER?
    Again, I ask ... why? What exactly are you trying to change?
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. However, I'm intensely mindful that the majority of people asking that sort of question have jumped to an idea that supposes to be their solution to a problem, but is really not a solution at all. Hence, the reason for asking what the real question is behind your question.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

Plugin Contributions

Again, I ask ... why?
    I've said before I'm curious where the variable defined/assigned. According to the common rule of programming language, a variable/constant couldn't have a value by itself without been assigned to a value. So I want to know why EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_HEADER can have a value but I couldn't found the assignment of the value in any source codes of zen-cart.

What exactly are you trying to change?
    I'm not trying to be a jerk. However, I'm intensely mindful that the majority of people asking that sort of question have jumped to an idea that supposes to be their solution to a problem, but is really not a solution at all. Hence, the reason for asking what the real question is behind your question.
    Nothing. I'm not facing any problem related to that variable right now. Again, I'm just curious. There is nothing wrong if someone curious about something. At least my curiousity doesn't harm anyone and myself. If no one can tell me the answer, that's fine.
    But I'm really grateful if someone who know about this (maybe the developer of zen cart) can answer my simple question.

Thanks anyway for the concern.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

All the constant names are loaded from the configuration_key entries in the configuration table. You can see the logic that handles this in init_db_config_read.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast