Plugin Contributions

Default Payments going through 3, 4 and 5 times!!

My paypal pro was working with no glitches until this weekend.

On friday a customer paying by credit card ended up paying 5 times in error! She said she kept getting told there was a problem with her address. I did get an error message and the order details did not go through to my admin panel.

Just now the same thing has happened but the payment only went through 3 times this time!! Again the customer has told me she made a mistake when entering her address and again the order details did not go through to my admin panel.

Can anyone suggest what is going wrong? I am really not technical so would appreciate simpe advice.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payments going through 3, 4 and 5 times!!

Knowing the details of the error messages *she* received and *you* received would go a long way towards figuring out what might be causing it. Without that, it's all guesswork.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I too started to get three payments for each order from PAYPAL starting on the 10th. I am currently on the phone with paypal website payment pro tech support. It seems there was an update this past weekend. Something about a bug.

The odd thing is I only have one order showing in my admin section. I do see the new customers thou. Each order/customer was charged three times each.

I will update this thread after my call completes
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

It looks like I might have been a victim of the issue found on this page: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110927

After calling each new signup to find out which products they ordered and refunding the extra charges I searched around on this site and found the thread that I pasted above. I too had the same error messages from paypal and the customers told me that they were timing out and kept resubmitting the order. Which never completed on my side (as is making an order within Zen-Cart) however, it did continue to charge them via PayPal.

I hope that this code replacement from this thread will help eliminate this issue. *It had never occurred until last night/today after a PayPal update.

Thank you.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Crud! Just found this .. http://www.pdncommunity.com/t5/Live-...-p/105662#A310 It looks like the timing out issue has been resolved.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent jasmel.. thanks for posting this report.

Plugin Contributions

I stopped getting errors and today they have started again. I got one customer today who has paid twice and another two who I think I have lost as they seem to have got fed up when go through payment.

My error messages are

ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (15005 <!-- -->)

and

ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error ( <!-- -->)

I am not as technical as you other guys so would really appreciate some simple to understand help here.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have tried altering the Dr Byte no. 24 ....above and will see what happens

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by karenkte View Post
    ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (15005 <!-- -->)
    15005 means:
    15005 Processor Decline
    This transaction cannot be processed.
    The transaction was declined by the card-issuing bank, not PayPal. The customer/merchant should attempt another card.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for telling us what the error means. PayPal is cryptic in the emails I receive, and I there is no record of failed transactions in PayPal. I guess my customer gave up after the 3rd attempt and abandoned their order. So glad it was not an issue on our side though.