Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I embed a "add to cart" button to my product page?

I've gotten my shopping cart working ok but, as it is, my customers have to click the "buy now" button on the product presentation page and then they have to click the "add to cart" button on the cart's individual product page.

I want to know if there's a way I can embed an "add to cart" button to the product page and a "checkout" link as well so a person can shop in my site without actually having to go to the shopping cart until it's time to check out. If yes, please direct me to where I can learn how to do it.

thanks very much.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I embed a "add to cart" button to my product page?

If you just want to stop going to the shopping_cart each time a product is added to the cart, there is a switch in the Configuration ... My Store ... for this:
    Display Cart After Adding Product
    Display the shopping cart after adding a product (or return back to their origin)

true
    false
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Your URL?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

One of the product page URLs is

SuccessHypnosis.com/quitsmoking

That is one I've got setup to go direct to the product page vs the cart index page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you just want to stop going to the shopping_cart each time a product is added to the cart, there is a switch in the Configuration ... My Store ... for this:
    Thanks but I am trying to install an "add to cart" button to my product page so when a person clicks the button they go to the page one goes to AFTER they click the "add to cart" button inside the cart. Then I will see if I can change the "return to shopping" option to take them back to the site home page instead of back to the product they just bought.

Thx for the help so far.. i appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Still haven't gotten this figured out. Here is how I currently am working it.

http://www.successhypnosis.com/weight-loss

If you click on the "order now" link on the left sidebar or the "buy now" button at the bottom you come to the order page which requires another click to add the product to your cart.

Success Hypnosis Shopping Cart page

The concern is that to actually complete a purchase one must first click to the shopping cart, then click to add to cart, then click to checkout. I have been asked to reduce this by one click by making the "buy now" button on the sales page take the customer direct to the page you come to after clicking on the "add to cart" button inside the cart. Is this possible?

Plugin Contributions

So basically you have all of your products on already built html static pages and you want to jump over the product page in zen cart and go directly to the shopping cart and then back to the html pages when someone continues shopping......basically only using Zen Cart for its cart checkout process. ZC wasn't designed with that in mind and I see no reason your html pages couldn't be translated into Zen Cart and ZC used as it was designed.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I understand your point. I guess the only reasons I would have trouble doing that is

a. I don't know how to edit the zen cart to have the same look as the sales pages I built.
    b. I have several "product sales" pages for each product and don't know how to make several product sales pages for the same product using zen cart.

Currently I use a .dwt template for my website to facilitate editing. I can unwind that but still I don't know if I need to move the cart onto my html pages via php or move my design onto the cart pages.

Perhaps if you could point me in a direction to try to grasp how to accomplish this, I can see if it's within my marginal competencies. I know for sure it's unlikely to be within my core ones.

Thanks very much for any continued advice.

Plugin Contributions

You say "several "product sales" pages for each product"... I only see one actual product page. The How it Works, Support and 100% Guarantee pages can be handled with linked ez-pages from the product page, very much like you have them now.
    The main column HTML content of of your home page can be dropped into define_main_page.php in your Zen Cart admin > Tools > Define Page Editor, and the product content can be dropped into the product description in ZC, with some reconfiguring of the product info page layout. This can be relatively simple, not requiring programming knowledge.

Plugin Contributions

I agree, what Glenn said
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast