Plugin Contributions

Default 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I was trying to send out an email to all of my customers but I keep getting this error message. Can someone please tell me how to fix it.

thank you

2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    in:
    [select customers_email_format from zen_customers where customers_email_address= '[email protected]']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select count as total from zen_sessions where sesskey = 'ddb9b212bde1098a7a43b65c61782f5f']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2013 error

Scroll down the page and take a peek at the threads in the Related Threads box ...
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I have read through alot of the post on here and most of them have to do with a problem with the USPS shipping. I dont ship any products all of my items are digital. I only get this message with I am trying to send out an email. It has been working fine until yesterday. Can anyone else help me with this.

Thank you
    rgriffith98

Plugin Contributions

This is most likely a Host issue.

Have you contacted them if so what did they say?

It also could be the server is timing out when sending emails

I would contact the host to see if they can raise the memory limit and the php limit to where you need it to send out large list of emails.

That would most likely fix it.

Also note it helps greatly if you send this information when submitting so forum users know what your are looking at.

When/where are you encountering this?
    How can you reproduce the error?
    Who's your hosting company? (No link as forum rules do not allow it)
    What's their tech support saying about it?
    Last edited by knuckle-101; 16 Nov 2008 at 02:50 AM.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Plugin Contributions

I just got off the phone with GoDaddy and they told me that they cant do anything to fix it. They said that they problem is in the Zen Cart scripting. They also said that the connection to the database is for only 30 seconds and that Zen Cart is not pulling it all of the info fast enough. I only have about 115 people that I am trying to send an email to and it only gets to about the first 20 and then I get that errror message so I have no idea what to do at this point.

Thank you,
    rgriffith98

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As you'll see by the Similar Threads below, the 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query and 2006 MySQL server has gone away errors are a result of *something* being too slow. GoDaddy support is right that the database is only open for a short time and that something's running too slow.

But ... when I install Zen Cart on a server (never GoDaddy by the way, for a multitude of good reasons), I can send emails and newsletters to a thousand people without any timeout problems.

115 recipients should process very quickly. And ... it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to send "about the first 20". So ... while GoDaddy is trying to pass the buck, I'm going to point the finger right back to them and sugges that it's their server that's too slow. Whether that's the server that's handling your website, or the server that's taking the emails being generated by your store.

If it's not your GoDaddy server that's slow, then ... maybe it's how you're sending the emails. What are your email settings in Admin->Configuration->Email Options? Are you using "PHP" mode or "SMTP/SMTPAUTH"? If you're using SMTP or SMTPAUTH, then you're sending mail to/through an external server, and thus the slowdown/timeout problem you're experiencing is likely being caused by that server or a lag in communication to/with that server.

... and, if that server is run by GoDaddy ... well ... complain to them about it. They'll deny it of course, but ... that's entirely expected.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Threads on this forum will prove Godaddy is not the route to go, take it from hundreds of other customers more issues in the future are likely to happen has well.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I spoke to GoDaddy again and this is what they said in an email...

We have been monitoring the MySQL server on which your database resides and there has not been any significant traffic on that server during that time. Unfortunately we can only suggest therefore that you either upgrade to a virtual dedicated or dedicated server as a solution wherein you will have your MySQL databases under your direct control so you can monitor them yourself, or alternatively you can review your code to try and find any errors which may have been the cause of the results which you have observed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

This is a trick to get you to upgrade for a bigger plan which is not required by most zencart friendly hosts. I would search for a alternative and get away from the loop game and get your store running as it should be.