Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Problem with setting up individual shipping charges for each item

I followed the instructions here to set up shipping charges based on each item:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=208

I created a single product, entered "2.95" in the weight field, as the instructions said.

When I put the item in my cart and go to checkout, it tells me there is only one shipping option available, it's flat rate - that's ok BUT it says that it's $5.00, not my $2.95.

I checked modules > shipping. Flat rate was enabled (green dot) so I changed it to "false" (yellow dot).

In my shipping modules, "Flat Rate", "Per Item", and "Store Pickup" have yellow dots.

"FREE SHIPPING" and "Per Unit" have green dots.

Everything else has red dots.

So ... what went wrong?
    Last edited by alicia1234; 16 Nov 2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: more info

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with setting up individual shipping charges for each item

Forgot to add: when I turned of the "Flat rate" shipping and tried adding the item to my cart again, it now says the only option available is "Best Way" and the charge is $5.95.

HELP!

Plugin Contributions

You said you put 2.95 in the Product Weight but then said you have Flat Rate installed ...

The two do not work together ...

Can you expand on what type of shipping charges you need to apply?

Are you trying to charge by Item Count?

Are you trying to charge by a Flat Rate per order?

Are you trying to charge an amount Per Product per Quantity?

Are you trying to charge based on quotes from USPS or UPS based on the Product Weight?

More details would really help ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. It's simple: all I need to do is have a fixed shipping charge applied to EACH product. So, for example, Product A is $2.95; Product B is $4.95; Product C is $9.95, and Product D is Free Shipping. No tie in to UPS or USPS. Nothing complicated.

Plugin Contributions

Click on each of the other ones that you have installed and click REMOVE ...

You want to use then is the Per Unit perweightunit shipping module for your Products that have the specific price ... this will take the amount that you put in the Product Weight (products_weight) and multiply that by the quantity purchased ...

Then, for the Free Shipping Products you can use the Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module ... and then on these Products you can either mark them as Product is Always Free Shipping -- or -- set the Product Weight to 0 and in the Shipping/Packaging set the 0 weight means Free Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Need help with complicated shipping charges

My client wants "per item" pricing. So, for example, he wants Product A to have a shipping charge of $9.95, Product B to have a shipping charge of $4.95, Product C to have a charge of $9.95, and Product D to have free shipping. (He only has four products, and a customer would only ever order ONE of them.)

I did find an older solution to this here:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=208

and was planning to implement it, but then my client says he ALSO wants to offer 2-day and next day shipping, again with the actual charge attached to the specific item! Arrggghhh!

Is there any way to do that? Or is there a creative way to set up a rate table to accomplish what's required? Or some other shipping module?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with complicated shipping charges

I looked through all of the shipping addons and did not find anything relevant. HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Do I have to remove them (Remove button) or can I just turn them off (Edit > set to False)?

Plugin Contributions

OK .. I have removed everything except "Per Unit".
    Per Unit is set to "perweightunit"
    Shipping cost per unit is set to 1.
    The "weight" field in the item that is in my shopping cart is set to $4.95.
    But when I click on "Estimate Shipping" or go to checkout, the shipping charge is showing as "Best Way ... $7.95".

Plugin Contributions

Admin> Configuration> Shipping/Packaging> Tare?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast