Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Tax is calculating wrong

I got my NYS Tax issues all taken care off I entered tax rates for each NYS county and outlaying counties.

Now my issue is, when I order items which total up to $60, the tax comes out too $.76 which is wrong, it should be 4-5 dollars. Anyone give me some suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax is calculating wrong

Quote Originally Posted by chris32882 View Post
    I got my NYS Tax issues all taken care off I entered tax rates for each NYS county and outlaying counties.

Now my issue is, when I order items which total up to $60, the tax comes out too $.76 which is wrong, it should be 4-5 dollars. Anyone give me some suggestions on what to do?

Thanks
    I been searching and looking at other posts ppl have posted and I don't think its the same problem that I am having. I want to get my shop up and running flawlessly by toward the end of the week

Plugin Contributions

IF anyone can shed some lite on this, Id appreciate it, I'm still banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out

Plugin Contributions

Default Taxable Goods

I think I have figured out my problem I didn't put the tax class for each item Taxable Goods, because I thought at the end it totals up the whole order and gives tax not on individual items.

IS there a easy way to update each products tax class site wide instead of going to each on individually? If this is possible how do I do this? any help will be appreciated

Update:

alright did test order, for an item for $29.95 using 8% tax rate, it should be $2.39, but on the order total it comes out to be $3.08 any ideas? why this is calculating wrong?
    Last edited by chris32882; 19 Nov 2008 at 03:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Taxable Goods

I set up a testing account for ppl that want to test this out

User: [email protected]

Pass: tester

Plugin Contributions

Updating all your product tax classes can be done through either phpMyAdmin, via your server's control panel, or perhaps (I haven't looked lately) by using Easy Populate through the ZCadmin.

How many products do you have to update?

... ...

I just had a look. The Full output from Easy Populate does contain the field called "v_tax_class_title". So it looks like EP will do what you want. You can get it from the Free Software Add Ons at the top of this screen. I've used the free one from Langer, not the OSc one.

As for the wrong tax being calculated, you'll need to post your tax settings and zone settings, and any other settings that pertain before anyone can help.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    Updating all your product tax classes can be done through either phpMyAdmin, via your server's control panel, or perhaps (I haven't looked lately) by using Easy Populate through the ZCadmin.

... ...

I just had a look. The Full output from Easy Populate does contain the field called "v_tax_class_title". So it looks like EP will do what you want. You can get it from the Free Software Add Ons at the top of this screen. I've used the free one from Langer, not the OSc one.

As for the wrong tax being calculated, you'll need to post your tax settings and zone settings, and any other settings that pertain before anyone can help.

Rob

Thanks for replying! Kudos go to you!

Alright, I will see what EP is all about..

As for the Tax settings, Zone Settings and Tax Rates. I descirbed exactly above

Since I live in NYS I have to charge Tax for all counties of NYS so I had to make Tax Zones and Zone Definitions for each county and out laying counties with the tax being 8% mostly on them all.

There is also one Tax Class which is called "Taxable Goods" I didn't enable this on most the products, I didn't think I needed to enable that action because I wasn't doing taxes per item, I wanted to do the overall tax.

I hope this information has helped.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post

... ...

Rob
    Actually I am going to hold of from using easy populate it don't look trusty worth in my opinion. So I think I am going to have to do each product manually

Plugin Contributions

From this FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=76

Last, make sure you apply the new tax class that you created (Taxable Goods) to any and all products that you might be charging tax on.

To make this faster when adding new products, in the Admin area, you can select a default Tax Class to be applied to all new products you create, by selecting "Catalog -> Product Types -> (choose a product type) -> Edit Layout -> Default Tax Class
    Ooops...that's for new products. Thought I'd found something there.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

If you're really adventurous, you can change the value for all products at once in phpmyadmin.

Back up your database first, this is very important!!!!!

Then enter this command in the sql section of phpmyadmin:

update products set products_tax_class_id = 1

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast