Plugin Contributions

Default cutting certain categories from the "featured" and "new" products boxes

Hi all,
    Just wondering how I would stop one of my categories' products from showing up in the "new products" and "featured products" boxes please?
    Many thanks, Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cutting certain categories from the "featured" and "new" products boxes

If you don't want them to be Featured Products either remove them from the Featured Products list or set the status to disabled ... the red dot ...

If you don't want them to be New Products you can change their Date Added to older than your current setting for what is a New Product ...

Would those work for you?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cutting certain categories from the "featured" and "new" products boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you don't want them to be Featured Products either remove them from the Featured Products list or set the status to disabled ... the red dot ...

If you don't want them to be New Products you can change their Date Added to older than your current setting for what is a New Product ...

Would those work for you?
    as a matter of fact they would. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

How do you remove them from the featured products list? There is a delete button in this list, but deleting makes me nervous. (grin)

Thanks,

Marci
    Marci Baun, Publisher
    http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/ -- Break free...read wild!
    http://www.freyasbower.com/ -- Weaving passion into words...

Plugin Contributions

Featured Products are stored in the featured table so deleting them from the Featured Products in the Admin is just going to remove them from the featured table so they will not be referenced ...

As always, be safe and make a backup of your database on a regular basis ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

My circumstances are such that altering the date via the admin doesn't suffice. I have my New Product Listing - Limited to ... set to 0 so that all products remain as new. However, I would like to block one, single category from appearing as new. Is this possible?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
    My circumstances are such that altering the date via the admin doesn't suffice. I have my New Product Listing - Limited to ... set to 0 so that all products remain as new. However, I would like to block one, single category from appearing as new. Is this possible?

Thanks
    This thread gave the info I needed to address this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Blocking sold items from being displayed in New Products by inserting and p.products_quantity > 0 did solve that issue. However, I still need to block one, single category from appearing as new. Is this possible?

Plugin Contributions

OK, I believe that I worked this out, as well. To resolve my issue, I edited includes/modules/pages/products_new/header_php.php (There is no override file - Please save a backup). Find this snippet of code:
    PHP Code:
    WHERE p.products_status 
    and add the following underneath (26 being the number of the category being blocked):
    PHP Code:
    and p.master_categories_id != 26 
    and includes/modules/your_template/new_products.php. Find this snippet of code:
    PHP Code:
    where p.products_id pd.products_id 
    and add the following underneath (26 being the number of the category being blocked):
    PHP Code:
    I've found that you can also block the subcatagories by following the same procedure. Here I've also blocked sub cat 27:
    PHP Code:
    and p.master_categories_id != 27