Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with Paypal Express Checkout

Hi Friends,

I am having problems with implementing Paypal Express checkout on Zen Cart 1.3.7.1. The problem is, if Paypal does not get the Shipping Address from the Zen Cart correctly. It is not much of a problem if one is buying for himself but what if someone is buying a gift for another with different shipping address?

Also, if one clicks the “Checkout with Paypal – The Safer, easier way to pay”, one could walk through until successful transaction (of course with incorrect shipping) BUT... the Merchant does not capture the payment and the buyer is not deducted of payment. In short, no transaction takes place in Paypal although Zen Cart implies that a complete transaction has finished. And this one is odd: In the Zen Cart admin orders area, the Payment Method becomes Zone Rates instead of Payment Method: Paypal.

I have tried successful transactions using the regular checkout method using paypal (stage 1-3, 2-3, 3-3) and captured the sales on the Merchant account but this was successful because the billing and shipping address was the same.

Please help. I am desperate as I need to get this cart going for Christmas. The cart can be found at http://www.naturebag.org/zen/

Thanks.

Nilo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Paypal Express Checkout

I'm having the same problem with version 1.3.8. Can't see anything to setup/change in configuration.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Problem with Paypal Express Checkout

Hi,

I have a site that is currently experiencing a similar problem.

It's a wholesale site, so often the retailer will buy using their account, but have the shipping address set to 'their' customer.

This appears to work fine on the Telephone and Nochex payments - but falter on the Paypal ones. It will record the new address in the retailers account fine, but the order/confirmation emails all switch the shipping back to the billing address.

I have another store that is purely retail, and sometimes customers do change the shipping address to something else and the paypal option works fine.

The wholesale runs on 1.3.8 and the older retail site runs on 1.3.7.

Anyone have any ideas? Its getting a bit annoying having to tell retailers buying from me that the site is playing up and which customer would they like the items sent to!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    dp

Plugin Contributions

Did someone finds the solution of this problem?

Plugin Contributions

What is the setting you have in your PayPal Prefences for using a confirmed address?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.