Plugin Contributions

Default How do I remove paypal button from shopping cart?

Hi all,

I have set up Paypal Express and want to offer it as a payment method alongside my existing Worldpay credit card method.

Everything is working fine (after a few tweaks to fix the tax related totals bug) but I have the following issue :

When the shopper enters their shopping cart, they get the standard checkout button and also an orange "Checkout With Paypal" logo/buton below it.

If you press the standard checkout button you go through the standard stage 1 of the checkout and can see the shipping cost etc.. You then go to step 2 and can enter any discount codes and then select whether or not you want to use Paypal or Worldpay to checkout with. This is great.

However, if you click the "Checkout With Paypal" button from the inital shopping cart it totally bypasses step 1 of the checkout with the shipping info and also step 2 where you can enter a discount code. I don't want this to happen. I just want the regular checkout where the user can choose the payment method.

So... I guess, my question is : How do I remove the "Checkout With Paypal" button from the shopping cart screen please ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I remove paypal button from shopping cart?

How do I remove the "Checkout With Paypal" button from the shopping cart screen please ?
    You don't. Read your TOS with PayPal on the use of Express Checkout. If you just want to use the Standard PayPal - use the IPN module.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You don't. Read your TOS with PayPal on the use of Express Checkout. If you just want to use the Standard PayPal - use the IPN module.
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't realise that. It's a shame really as if the customer presses the checkout button the shopping cart they don't get any option to enter discount voucher codes or see the shipping cost. (By the way, I have two flat rate shipping costs, 2.99 for UK and 9.99 for europe automatically selected dependant on what country the person is in).

The shipping cost thing is not critical as they will get a breakdown in the paypal screen but is there any way around the discount code thing??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
    It's a shame really as if the customer presses the checkout button the shopping cart they don't get any option to enter discount voucher codes or see the shipping cost.
    Sure they do. Once they've logged into PayPal, they are returned to your store, where they can enter coupon codes etc before confirming their order on your normal order-confirmation page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sure they do. Once they've logged into PayPal, they are returned to your store, where they can enter coupon codes etc before confirming their order on your normal order-confirmation page.

Thanks Dr Byte, just realised that actually :) It does make the checkout flow a little disjointed though. Also, at first glance, having the large "Paypal" button detracts from the standard checkout button - I don't want my customers to think we ONLY offer PayPal as an option.