Plugin Contributions

Default Is ANYONE successfuly using HSBC Secure ePayments with Zen Cart store???

Hi there. I am very keen to hear from anyone who has been able to successfuly set up their Zen Cart store to use HSBC Secure ePayments - it is driving me slightly batty!

Worse still, I have just been on the phone to the man who sold the solution to my client and signed him up, assuring him that for the web designer it would be just a case of a couple of hours of help from the phone line support. He knew we were using Zen Cart. Now I have phoned the support who say (I quote!!) "We wouldn't have a clue about that"!! and have now phoned the rep who set my client up and he said the same: Because zen cart isn't a cart that they are officially linked to they cannot offer any help!

This leaves me in a kind of awkward position as my client is expecting it to be a simple quick job but I can't see any way of getting it done

One glimmer of hope is that Merlin (oon the forums) has very kindly adapted the oscommerce HSBC module so it will hopefully work with Zen Cart. However he doesn't have any way of testing it with no hsbc account and I can't get it to work on my store.

It would be such a big help if there is someone out there who is successfully using HSBC with Zen Cart who could give me some files or a bit of a guide as to what I need to do.

Many many many many MANY thanks if any one can help!!

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is ANYONE successfuly using HSBC Secure ePayments with Zen Cart store???

I was also going to use HSBC but changed to the much easier Protx which is compatible with the Zen cart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is ANYONE successfuly using HSBC Secure ePayments with Zen Cart store???

There are a lot of people in the forum who have tried and run into trouble integrating with the HSBC service. We've had a lot of similar problems integrating with Barclays equivalent service recently and ended up having to re-write the mod (has to do the same for SecPay a while back too). Some of these "long-established" services, especially from the banks, are getting very long in the tooth and problematic.

Though it doesn't answer your question directly, I would endorse Croza's advice. If your client was planning to use HSBC, that suggests that they have an HSBC merchant account already, so I'd recommend fronting it up with Protx, a proven service with a well-supported mod, that we have running without problem for several of our UK clients.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys. Protx definately sounds like a better option to me. Unfortunately he has already signed up with HSBC and I think that involves a £200 setup fee. I did initially suggest Potx to him but there was a slight advantage for him in going with HSBC because of the slightly better fees over the long-run.

I am at a total loss. I have advertised on a few freelance places just to find someone to do this work for me. It is such a pain as I am now making quite a loss on this site because of the time it has taken and other work I'm not getting done!!

The only thing I wonder is, if ther are freelancers who can obviously do the work, surely some folk must have it integrated. I guess though that it wouldn't really be intheir best interest to share it!

Thanks again guys - I would almost now pay my client just to go with Protx!

Stuart