Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: JROX JAM not tracking all the way to sale?

this looks correct, but you should check your /includes/config.php for JAM to see if your JAM cookie domain is correctly set:

define("COOKIE_DOMAIN", "yourdomain.com");

it should be the full domain only, no subdomains.

Plugin Contributions

So just to post my Successful Solution to this issue due to the fact I saw a ton of posts on this subject:

1)Make sure your Affiliate Tracking Code you place in the checkout_success/tpl_footer.php is set up to communicate with the folder you have set up in your domain folder under (whatever you named the first folder when you uploaded all the JAM files)
    ex: .....<"img src="http:www.YOURDOMAIN.com/NAME_OF_JAM_FOLDER/sale.php.........
    ----(you can check to see IF and WHAT the affiliate code is generating by viewing the source code when you are on the checkout_success page otherwise known as Thank You! page. Just click on the VIEW tab of your browser--->and click SOURCE)

2)Make sure your code in that sale.php document is all correct and communicates the code from your checkout_sucess page:
    -http://forums.jrox.com/index.php/topic,3325.0.html

3) Go to your NAME_OF_JAM_FOLDER/includes/config.php
    and imput all of the obvious places to put your info:
    ex: define("COOKIE_DOMAIN", "yourdomain.com");

it should be the full domain only, no subdomains. (like: www.)
    -there are a group of places you will see it is asking for: yourdomain.com
    I assume it was supposed to be written to the file automatically for me at some point during installation etc... but didn't?

****So these fixes got me out of the doghouse with this JROX JAM after days!! of frustration and limited help. I don't know what will work for you, but I will tell you that expect to try and solve it on your own. Help is limited! These steps got me working. I hope I can help you! ******
    THANKS!!! To everyone who contributed and offered help!! It all helped me take steps toward my glorious day of success :) Thank You,

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dan, jroxonline, and DrByte; I've gotten mine working too ... mostly.

I too was missing the URL in:

Code:
    define("COOKIE_DOMAIN", "yourdomain.com"
    Now the new problem. It won't record commissions from the Internet Explorer browser (V6 or V7).

So far my theory is that it must be a Javascript issue. Although I use Javascript heavily on the rest of the site without a problem, and the code IS generated on the checkout_success page ...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your JAM config.php content shows the COOKIE_DOMAIN define exactly as you posted above, then you've got a syntax error. You need a closing ) and ;

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte. I had copy/pasted that from another post - my bad.

My actual line appears to be correct:

define("COOKIE_DOMAIN", "mysite.com");

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, if the customer visits your site via the affiliate URL, then the cookie should be set. Then, after they complete the sale, if the javascript is properly showing on the browser, the cookie and the javascript should combine together when talking to the affiliate sale.php script, thus recording the sale.

If it's not doing that and you've confirmed that the javascript is showing in your browser HTML, you'll need to get support from the JAM site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It most likely how you have the tpl_footer.php directing... you have to have it point to where your sale.php is located. I found my error in the footer it says to put it like this:
    File: includes/templates/custom/checkout_success/tpl_footer.php
    if (isset($zv_orders_id) && (int)$zv_orders_id > 0 && isset($order_summary) && is_array($order_summary)) {
    if (!isset($_SESSION['affiliate_order_id']) || $_SESSION['affiliate_order_id'] != $zv_orders_id ) {
    $_SESSION['affiliate_order_id'] = $zv_orders_id;
    $commissionable_order_formatted = number_format($order_summary['commissionable_order'], 2, '.', '');
    echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourdomain.com/affiliates/sale.php?amount=' . $commissionable_order_formatted . '&trans_id=' . $order_summary['order_number'] . '"></script>';
    }
    }
    ----------------
    Most likely the http://www.yourdomain.com/affiliates/sale.php?amount= is wrong...
    Try replacing that with this:
    http://www.yourdomain.com/jamaffiliates/sale.php?amount=

look through your ftp program and see where you installed your jama and find the sale.php file. Then direct the domain above to that sale.php

-Ryan

Plugin Contributions

I am also having this same problem and I have gone through all the tips here for changing the files, but the commission is still not caluclating. It's recording the clicks as others have said.

I checked the source code and it does not look like it is pulling anything from the sale.php

I want to double check that I did place the tpl.footer in the right place:

In includes/templates/classic I then added the new folder checkout_success with the tpl.footer

I had edited the file as instructed and checked, and rechcked.

It seems like it may be in the wrong place because how does the current checkout page know to communicate with this new footer file I created?

I'm so confused!!

Plugin Contributions

if the checkout_success page HTML source does not show the JAM code, then you may have put the template override file in the wrong theme folder.

also, if you are using a shared SSL certificate, you will have issues with tracking in Internet Explorer as that browser does not allow tracking via third party domains without a P3P privacy policy.

you will have to setup a P3P privacy policy on the domain where JAM is installed so that tracking is allowed on third party domains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12