Plugin Contributions

Default Advice - Customer Billing / Delivery should NOT match (flower shop)

Hi

I've got a big problem with customer orders, it's a Flower shop so 9 times out of 10 people are buying for someone else. So the delivery address should not normally match the billing address.

Despite big bold warning letters on checkout people still forget to change the delivery address.

Is there a simple way to turn off auto-complete so they have to type two addresses?

Any advice?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Advice - Customer Billing / Delivery should NOT match (flower shop)

Right now there is not one. That I know of. For this reason I hacked my version of Zen Cart to ask for a different shipping and billing address DURING the account sign up. Otherwise, check out is the same. What I think you are asking for is for this question to be asked during check out?

I plan to put together my work in a mod. Right now I have it in a highly customized version of zen cart so I have to port it into a new build. If you can wait that long then you could see if it fits your needs.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

It does seem odd that you can't turn off billing and shipping address matching.

Any help would be appreciated. Driving us nuts, customers just seem to ignore the flashing lights and warning messages.

Thanks
    Andy

This is interesting topic and gave many good post. It is very useful and informative.