Plugin Contributions

Default Server requirements

Hello

I am requesting help please as I have recently moved all my sites to a new dedicated server with a new hosting company and am experiencing some issues in running my stores.

I have had a long chat with the hosting company and whilst they are very helpful they have asked if the support guys here at zencart could tell me if my server is sufficient for running zencart or if 'some additional modules may need to be installed' to make things run smoothly.

I have searched the FAQ as suggested to others with similar questions and I have trawled through numerous posts here but am still in the dark a little.

They have suggested I post this link (my site is www.g18.biz/order) with the respectful request that someone who knows what they are talking about (so that discounts me) can take a look and see if all is well with my server specs:

http://www.g18.biz/order/phpinfo.php

I really appreciate your help with this guys (and girls). I really have spent many hours with this today and ask for help as a last resort.

Cheers

Rob
    if elephants could fly, I'd be a little more optimistic....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Server requirements

Perhaps you could explain what you mean by "experiencing some issues" ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes of course:

For example I installed a mod today for backing up the site. It is a simple install with very few files to upload. When I try to 'backup the site' from within admin I get:

Warning: require(/home/national/public_html/admin/backup_mysite_backend.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/national/public_html/shoppe/admin/backup_mysite.php on line 19

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/national/public_html/admin/backup_mysite_backend.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/national/public_html/shoppe/admin/backup_mysite.php on line 19

I can confirm that the files are very definitely there and that the necessary file permissions are set correctly.

I have used the debug system from the free software add ons section and it just gives me the same errors.

I have installed this mod a number of times before on the old server I was using without issue.

I set up a new zencart installation tonight on another domain - just to test and it gave same errors

I also tried to install another mod for a new template and got very similar errors.

Does this information help? If you need any more info please ask as I do not know what is relevant and what is not.

Many thanks.

PS: Does it look like the server specs are ok?

Rob
    if elephants could fly, I'd be a little more optimistic....

Plugin Contributions

It would would seem to me that any Hosting company providing you with a Dedicated Server and stating you should you should go the script Forum to see if the script can be used, doesn't really know what they are providing you. The big issue is security and, although I can suggest certain settings for you, who would do them? Seems the Hosting company is not quite sure themselves.

Your Server by the way, should not have a problem running Zen Cart. Contrary to what you stated, the error msgs. you provided are simply stating the files to be found cannot be found. Why? Either they are not where they should be or permissions / ownership are incorrect. No two ways about it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robsnowden View Post
    Warning: require(/home/national/public_html/admin/backup_mysite_backend.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/national/public_html/shoppe/admin/backup_mysite.php on line 19
    The error message actually is telling you exactly what's wrong:

You're running the script from inside the /shoppe/admin/ folder, but it's looking for files in the /admin/ folder.

So, you've got your site configured wrong, or the addon is using hard-coded paths to find its extra files.

This has nothing to do with your server specs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.