Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do reduce cache folder size?

If it's the same, then it should not be generating any query log files in your cache folder when you have "Store Database Queries" set to 'false'.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Could you please tell me "Store Database Queries" use for ? When i turn off this option, i don't see any change ...

I don't know much more about this option and i still wonder about turn on or off

Thanks you for your help ! Mr. DrBye , you are nice person !

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"Store Database Queries", when set to "true", causes the site to create files in the /cache/ folder which contain a list of all the database queries used to prepare the content of the page on every click to your website. These files are named "query_selects_xxxxxxxxxxx.txt".
    Those query_selects_xxxxxx.txt files are intended ONLY for debugging serious database problems.

NORMALLY the "Store Database Queries" option should be set to "false", and therefore it will NOT generate any /cache/query_selects_xxxxxxx.txt files.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You never answered this question:
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What are the filenames in your cache folder?

Plugin Contributions

You never answered this question:
    I don't have change to lock them ! My host said i was have 1 million files and i must delete them.

I was delete cache folder (i can't access to delete each file) and i was create new folder cache.

That is the way i fix when i don't know about this

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you have files in the /cache/ folder *now*?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

At the bottom of this page is a list of "Similar Threads", one of which refers to a simple utility to clear out all the old *.txt and *.log files from the /cache/ folder: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107669

You don't need it now since you deleted the entire folder, but it might be useful in the future if you run into the same problem again.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have files in the /cache/ folder *now*?
    Hi, after follow your guide : It look like only 1 file in cache folder now. I don't see many file any more...

The speed still good and don't slow down. It is great to use Zencart.

Thanks you again ! Mr. DrBye!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12