Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with Audio preview hack - product display

(didn't see a forum for 'core hacks')

I want to have an audio sample player (AdobeFlash) display in product_info and I have been trying all kinds of ways but all fails and I need some assistance please.

My Concept (can be visually reviewed at zuagoo.com/zc
    I want to mimmick a portion of the media manager where there is an upload field for media files on the add products page which delivers to the media folder in root. Then drop select to choose from a list of media extensions.

The Flash file can be configured to play mp3, flv, wmv so a series of 'IF' conditions would exist in the output file to choose the proper string based on the extension selected.

I tried to copy codes from all the files I found related to media manager and place them in the product_info but all return errors and after 5 days of this I now need guru help

-----------

I currently have previews working with the flash player using a hack I did to the media manager and one could consider this ok but using the media manager is a bit tedious especially if I forget to assign the item to products_music, then I have to delete and do it all over.

Here is the hack I did;
    file: includes/templates/mine/templates/tpl_modules_media_manager.php line 31 I replaced
    Code:

<div class="mediaTypeLink"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(DIR_WS_MEDIA  . $za_clip['clip_filename'], '', 'NONSSL', false, true, true); ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo '<span class="mediaClipFilename">' . $za_clip['clip_filename'] . '</span>' . (!empty($za_clip['clip_type']) ? '<span class="mediaClipType"> (' . $za_clip['clip_type'] . ')</span>' : ''); ?></a></div>
    with
    Code:
    <div class="mediaTypeLink">
          <embed width="25" flashvars="mp3=<?php echo DIR_WS_MEDIA  . $za_clip['clip_filename'], ''; ?>&amp;width=25&amp;bgcolor1=ffcc00&amp;bgcolor2=222222&amp;showslider=0&amp;volume=200" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="" quality="high" height="20" src="media/player.swf"></embed>
          </div>
    This now allows the mp3 files to be played via embedded Flash player and not download or try to open some other locally installed application as did the previous hyperlink. Ofcourse you need to get the Flash media player from any of the many free sites around.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with Audio preview hack - product display

I have seen 2 oscommerce websites with the preview player but can't tell if it is done automatically or manually. This would be a great plugin. Seeking help.....

Plugin Contributions

So does anyone want to get on this?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe my concept is not fully understood so see the image for clarity

Plugin Contributions

Just any idea would be a start here...

Plugin Contributions

The quest continues. This is a vital plugin people!

Plugin Contributions

What does it take to get some attention here?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maxima View Post
    What does it take to get some attention here?
    Have you posted in the Commercial Help Wanted Section?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I wasn't seeking commercial help but is that why this thread is being ignored? There are so many other threads like this where someone get help with some hack they are attempting so why do I have to seek commercial? I figured there were other users who may have attempted this hack and have it working successfully or in the process and we can exchange efforts to make it work! Isn't that what the forum is about?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maxima View Post
    I figured there were other users who may have attempted this hack and have it working successfully or in the process and we can exchange efforts to make it work! Isn't that what the forum is about?
    Yup, that's exactly what it's about.
    And, apparently thus far you're the only one trying to do that particular hack.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast