Default Cybersource - Small Business? Advanced?

Hello all, I'm a new user here and I'm in the process of getting signed up with Cybersource. The guy I was talking to asked me if the Cybersource payment module was built to integrate with the small business or advanced, and I haven't been able to find anything in any documentation that says anything specific.

I'm assuming it's for small business accounts, but if anyone could either say for sure, or provide some examples of companies that are using Zen Cart w/ Cybersource currently, the information would be really helpful (my guy at Cybersource can check for sure). We'd like to know so that we don't get set up for the wrong kind of account and have to backtrack later, so any help would be appreciated! :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cybersource - Small Business? Advanced?

The notion of Essential vs Advanced Payment Solutions is more a marketing difference between 2 separate groups of payment gateway services. The offered services are essentially the same.

CyberSource Payment Gateway (Advanced):
    This is the Advanced Solution offered to Medium and Large size businesses. CyberSource supports approximately 20,000 such customers.
    The Zen Cart (ZC) Payment Module supports the Advanced Solution. The ZC CyberSource Payment Module uses the Silent Order POST (SOP) Connection Method to link to the CyberSource server.
    CyberSource used to accept customers no matter the business size. This policy may have changed lately.
    Authorize.Net Payment Gateway (sometimes refer to as Essential):
    Authorize.Net offers similar Payment Gateway services to small business (<$3M online). Authorize.Net supports approximately 175,000 such small business customers.
    Authorize.Net is wholly owned by CyberSource following the 2007 acquisition.
    The Authorize.Net Payment Module is included in the ZC package when you download it from the ZC portal. Getting the Authorize.Net Payment Module to work once ZC is installed on your host server is a rather easy task. Only a few parameters need to be set and you are ready to go. The Advanced Integration Method (AIM) is the recommended version of the module.The Authorize.Net Payment Module is fully supported by the ZC Development Team.

Please compare the rates between the 2 solutions. You may be better off selecting the Authorize.Net Payment Module since it is fully supported by the ZC Development Team. Also, please check with your merchant account provider (bank) concerning other possible constraints.

deBeaujeu

Okay, I've gotten myself signed up with Cybersource's Essentials Plan, but the only options I see are "Hosted Order Page" and "Simple Order API" (and the Virtual Terminal, but that seems manually operated).

Which of these are meant to work with the Authorize.net AIM module?

Plugin Contributions

From your post, I understand that you have signed up to use Authorize.net.

From now on, you will not need to go to the CyberSource Business Center Web site. All your account information and settings are stored on the Authorize.net Merchant Interface Web site.

ZC Admin configuration to use Authorize.net
    To use the Authorize.net Payment Module you need to configure ZC for such a use:
    Go to ZC Admin >> Modules >> Payment >> Authorize.net (AIM) >> click INSTALL on the upper right side of the page >> fill in the required information:

Enable Authorize.net(AIM) Module = True

To obtain the API Login ID and Transaction Key:
    Got to Authorize.net Merchant Interface Web site (this URL sent to you in the account confirmation e-mail message received from Authorize.net) >> log in using your account Login ID and password (also found in the account confirmation e-mail message) >> ACCOUNT Settings >> Security Settings >> API Login ID and Transaction Key

Transaction mode = Test

Authorization Type = Authorize

Enable Database Storage = False

Customer Notifications = False

Merchant Notifications = True

Request CVV Number = True

Sort Order of Display = 0

Payment Zone = -none-

Set order Status = default

Debug Mode = Off

Click Save or Update.

For the first test, leave all other Modules found in the list in an un-installed status (red dot).

Go to ZC Admin >> Configuration >> Credit Cards >> make sure that the credit cards you intend to use are set to a value = 1
    Set all other credit cards to a value = 0

deBeaujeu

Quote Originally Posted by deBeaujeu View Post
    From your post, I understand that you have signed up to use Authorize.net.

From now on, you will not need to go to the CyberSource Business Center Web site. All your account information and settings are stored on the Authorize.net Merchant Interface Web site.
    Hm, that's odd though. All the links and communication I received from Cybersource direct me to Cybersource's website, not Authorize.net. I can't login to Authorize.net's login area with my Cybersource info.

Plugin Contributions

If you have signed up to use the CyberSource Payment Gateway, please use the following 2 contributions to implement the ZC CyberSource Payment Module on your Web host:

deBeaujeu

Plugin Contributions

Hey 3Apples, let me know if you got your zen cart to work with Cybersource. I have been dealing with an issue for a long time and I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm not sure if anyone can help out. I followed the Cybersource implementation documentation twice and I'm having the same problem still. It process' fine through the cart but it does not go through on cybersources end.

The url for the shop is livit.com/shop.

The shop is live but it does not charge the credit card.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by liquidkrep View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone can help out. I followed the Cybersource implementation documentation twice and I'm having the same problem still. It process' fine through the cart but it does not go through on cybersources end.

The url for the shop is livit.com/shop.

The shop is live but it does not charge the credit card.
    Following the submittal of a checkout transaction, please provide copy of received error messages from:
    a) Zen Cart application;
    b) CyberSource server.

Please identify/describe the page your browser displays after the checkout transaction.

deBeaujeu

Plugin Contributions

forget it, I'm not sure what I did but it works correctly now. I made a test product and it works correctly.