Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Order Invoice - Product Description

Im having a problem when someone orders a item from my store. I sell pictures of sporting events and all it gives me on the invoice/order status is the name of the picture and not the description. The problem starts here b/c multiple pictures have the same name (Game of teams vs) and I need the invoice to list the description so that I can easily see what picture it is they have ordered. I've browsed through the admin setting to no avail. Could anyone let me know if it is possible to include the product description in the order invoices?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Invoice - Product Description

Assign model/product #'s to them
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Assign model/product #'s to them
    That would be kind of a pain since we have already did that with the description of the photos. There isnt a way to insert the description into the invoice?

Plugin Contributions

You would have to custom code the admin code for this and this is legacy code and table based, noot overrides in ther admin area either so insure that you maintain good notes and copies so as not to loose it on a reinstall for any reason.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

You would have to custom code the admin code for this and this is legacy code and table based, noot overrides in ther admin area either so insure that you maintain good notes and copies so as not to loose it on a reinstall for any reason.
    That just seems odd to me that the product discription would not be included in the invoice....So in other words Im going to have to take my discription with the photo number and edit every product and input that number for the model number per say?

Plugin Contributions

That just seems odd to me that the product discription would not be included
    This is because it is an item you want...
    Zen Cart can not be one size fits all...although it does try
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Any hints on what this custom code might be? Or how I could figure it out? Definitely not a PHP developer here...

Pretty please?

Plugin Contributions

Any hints on what this custom code might be? Or how I could figure it out? Definitely not a PHP developer here...
    There is a commercial help area on this forum you can post in
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Well, I must admit that I'm always trying to figure this stuff out for myself, so I can be a better admin of the store. Not to mention, it's cheaper that way.

So...

It seems (after researching the forum) that I need to edit both admin/includes/classes/order.php , and admin/orders.php, right?

I see how the data is inserted and output via the order.php class, which has also helped me discover why the description can't be easily output in the admin interface. There is no products_description field in the orders table! Ah ha! The plot thickens...

So, in order to get the description output in the admin orders interface I have to call the products_description table...which is where I get fuzzy...correlating the correct products_description, in relation to the product_id, and then tie those to their respective oID. Okay...now it's getting to be a lot like math. Damnit.

Little help from the Zen Gurus? I'd love to learn how to do this.

Plugin Contributions

First, do you need to know the Product Description forever? Or for as long a the Product is in your database?

What this question means is, if the products_id for the Browns Around Town photo is 33 today, will it always be products_id 33 tomorrow? next week? next year?

And if the Product using products_id 33 got deleted, and next week or next month or next year you look at the invoice ... do you need the description?

If you want a permanent record of the Product Description, then you want to store Today's products_description in the orders_products table to save it forever ...

If you want it as long as it is in the products table and don't care if when you delete the Product you cannot see the Product description and it just reading NOT FOUND vs Today's products_description then you can just use a quick look up ...

So, the question is ... do you need a Today's Products Description or do you want a Forever Products Description on the Order?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast