Plugin Contributions

help question partial/down payment with authorize.net AIM?

Can I set the Zen Cart AIM payment to authorize (to authorize the full amount through authorize.net) and then capture only part of the payment in the authorize.net web interface as a down payment? Then when the product is shipped, I want to capture the rest of the payment.

In summary, can I authorize through AIM then capture two partial payments through the authorize.net web interface?

I know there is an addon that lets you process this offline, but I would like to do it all online. I also know from the FAQ that you can authorize first and capture later, but it doesn't say anything about partial payment/down payment.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: partial/down payment with authorize.net AIM?

The authorize.net gateway only allows you to capture funds once per transaction. So, the simple short answer to your question is no.

The long answer is that you might be able to accomplish something similar by forcing all such transactions into a recurring billing profile and capture the first payment immediately with the subsequent payment(s) to follow at a later, scheduled, date. However, recurring-billing support is not built-in to Zen Cart at the present time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.