Plugin Contributions

Default Internet Explorer won't show my header image??

It seems that Internet Explorer is at it again. It works perfect in Firefox.

I tried to find a solution for hours but to no luck.

www.studioanello.com

Please let me know if there is a solution to this. I am using the "classic" template that has been slightly modified (I know, I know)...

My CSS:
    #headerWrapper, #contentMainWrapper, #logoWrapper, #cartBoxListWrapper, #ezPageBoxList, #cartBoxListWrapper ul, #ezPageBoxList ul, #mainWrapper, #popupAdditionalImage, #popupImage {
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0em;
    }

#logoWrapper{
    background-image: url(../images/header_bg.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-color: #000000;
    height:50px;
    }
    I can post more CSS or my tpl_header.php if needed. I searched everywhere in these forums for an answer, it seems that the people that have had this problem was for a different reason.

Any advice??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internet Explorer won't show my header image??

... and this looks like it may be for a different reason again.

Your header image is a background image for the logo wrapper. However the logo wrapper is empty. This has arisen because, I suspect, you have deleted the logo file in your header language file, and as a result Firefox detects that the wrapper has no content and is happy to display the background image instead. But Internet Explorer continues to try to search for a non-existent logo file i.e. one with no name, and displays image not found simple.

There are several ways to get around this. One easy-to-use feature additional one pixel by one pixel transparent belief that actually is an image there but it simply can't be seen. Another would be to put some text into the link in the logo wrapper, and then use CSS to move it off of the page out of sight, leaving only the background image to be seen.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

OK, I fixed the logo.gif problem... (Thanks for pointing that out)

But I am still missing the header_bg.jpg file from the top.

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

NO LUCK!!! GRRR...

OK, I cleaned up my Markup with W3C Validation, with minimal errors (which should not effect this problem)

I went through my whole css file and checked everything

I checked out my tpl_header file and it looks fine. (I had modified it to put the header_bg above the nav bar before)

Maybe the backround image getting in the way of header_bg???

I honestly am at a loss, if there is anyone that can help, please drop a line!!

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Alright figured it out.

For anyone who needs to know:

Occam's Razor, sometimes its just the simplest solution.

I googled the problem and it looks like Photoshop CS2 has a problem with their Jpeg images being IE friendly. I was an idiot and did not use the "save for web" function after I created my header.

5 hours LATER!! haha.. hope this might save someone all that time.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for posting back what you found.

This is interesting, I have never come across that before (unless the underlying proplem was that the image was being left in CMYK format rather than RGB).

Do you still have the image that was failing? Could you post it here so that we can take a closer look.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have a jpeg that won't display in IE, for the holding page on a new site I am working on, www.nyfairiefest.com . It was originally in CMYK since it was made for a postcard, but even after resaving it in RGB IE still doesn't like it.
    My next step will be to copy & paste the image content into a new file in Photoshop, and see if that gets rid of whatever information IE doesn't like.

Plugin Contributions

I used to use Photoshop CS2 a lot, until Photoshop CS3 came out, and never had any problem with images in Internet Explorer. I wonder whether you found information from somebody who had their default image mode set to CMYK instead of RGB.

The images on the site to which Glenn has posted a link are quite helpful. I've put together a quick page that compares those images in their original CMYK form to ones where nothing more than a change to RGB is done, and it does seem to show exactly the features that you experienced.

Comparing them side-by-side also shows how Firefox is struggling to reproduce accurately the colors actually intended.

You can see it (temporarily) at http://www.kuroiweb.com/ie_images (scroll down in FF to see the images as intended).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the comparison, Kuroi. Yes, the lower images are what the printed postcards look like. Perhaps when I attempted to convert the images to RGB, the change did not take... For what it's worth, my Photoshop is v5.5 (I doubt a much newer one would be able to run on my computer without bogging it down completely.)
    P.S. - The original images were made by an artist friend who has an up-to-date computer (not sure of her software).
    Last edited by gjh42; 5 Dec 2008 at 09:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thankyou for this posting. I am brand new to Zen Cart and could not get my logo to display. I have created a custom template following the instructions on another forum page and all went well except my header background would not display. The problem with the logo for me was that this section of code

#logoWrapper{
    background-image: url(../images/header_bg.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-color: #000000;
    height:50px;
    }

was not in my css file anywhere. I copied and pasted from the above post and voila! Thanks again