Plugin Contributions

Default my english.php won't update?

Hi All,

I have been trying to change one of the box headers in my english.php and have altered the headings in both the original english.php and the one in my template override folder. For some reason it will not take. I ave tried both through ny cpanel and by FTP directly.

Does anyone know why this is not reading the edits please?
    I have a bit of trouble with the banners area not accepting changes too. Not sure if this is related. Using older version 1.306

Thank you
    'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: english.php won't update

Do you have a site that we can take a look at and also which page on the site you want to change?

Plugin Contributions

Hi canopy,
    Thanks for the reply and soory for the delay. (4 christmas parties this weekend - sheez!)

The site is: http://aussiedog.com.au/
    and the box I refer to is the "We accept" on the right with the accurate converter inage and link. The heading would not change and I had trouble with the image taking.
    'E-Start your web store' book - I Got it and now ..... I GET IT !....Well alot more of it anyway (-:

Plugin Contributions

Sure wish I could enjoy some parties myself .

Thanks for the URL. I'm assuming you did not install any mods that could mess with your language files or you hardcoded any files.

Everything looks ok on the site so you might like to check your language settings as follows:

Check the file /includes/languages/aussie_templ/english.php and see if you have the following line in it:

define('BOX_HEADING_BANNER_BOX','We Accept');

Also check whether you have possible multiple define statements which are the same and starts with the text:

define('BOX_HEADING_BANNER_BOX',

If not, go to your admin under Tools > Developers Tool Kit and search for the text "We Accept" in your .

If all those don't work, switch back to the default Classic template and see if you can witness any changes to your Store when you edit the file /includes/languages/english.php or /includes/languages/classic/english.php if the latter file exists.
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: my english.php won't update?

I feel like a first class dill!
    You wouldn't believe what was the problem
    GULP
    I have been moving sites around and in the madness of the past few months combined with sleep deprivation, I forgot the site had been moved and was trying to modify the website that was left in the old hosting area (not deleted). Think I best get rid of it now

I am so sorry I waisted your time. No wonder I couldn't get it to register the changes!