Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping for orders over $XX

Hi all,

Please forgive my posting this in the general topic, but I'm not sure whether to ask about Community Add-Ons or whether this functionality is already built in to coupons or specials and I'm just not finding it.

I can see how I can set up a coupon for free shipping when a customer orders over $xx.xx. However, doing that gives them free shipping for all types of shipping. There isn't any way to limit it to only ground shipping, for example. (Or is there?).

I'd actually prefer not to do this as a coupon as all but have the cart give free shipping when the order is over $xx.xx and they select the ground shipping we want to offer for free. I didn't see anything in specials or salemaker that allowed for shipping. Did I miss it?

Surely, this is a common marketing ploy and someone has figured out how to do it?

Thanks for any advice!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for orders over $XX

Have you looked in admin>modules>shipping>free shipping options? I don't think there's a setting for the type of shipping, but someone may know a way around that.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Well, you should be able to set up table rate shipping so that once the total goes over $100, you specify that the shipping cost is zero.

Not sure what rate you would put in for shipments under $100 though.

Ed

Plugin Contributions

This is where Free Shipping Options freeoptions, as afo suggested, can be very handy ...

You can set that so it only shows when the Total is >= 100.00 and call the modules in the language file anything you like and ... this will run "with" the other shipping modules as an "alternative" shipping method so that if the customer wants to pay for any of the other shipping modules such as USPS Next Day or UPS Next Day they still can ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is where Free Shipping Options freeoptions, as afo suggested, can be very handy ...

You can set that so it only shows when the Total is >= 100.00 and call the modules in the language file anything you like and ... this will run "with" the other shipping modules as an "alternative" shipping method so that if the customer wants to pay for any of the other shipping modules such as USPS Next Day or UPS Next Day they still can ...

Wow, that's a very nice option, I didn't know you could do that!

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Nifty, eh?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!