Plugin Contributions

Default Super slow speed on Load of first click - Please check

I have a new site I have been working on for a while. I am very happy with Zen cart and its functionality, but it takes long time to load. After site is loaded speed is great. Also the load and the pages in Admin are quick. I am pretty sure that my pictures are optimized, the counters off. I have read many optimizing threads and bought the book, but haven't been able to fix. Please help!

Thank you!

Site is: www.peaceful-planet.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow speed on Load - Please check

I was experiencing similar slow loads ~ once I removed the goDaddy seal sidebox - site loaded lots faster.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow speed on Load - Please check

Thank you for your reply! I have tryed removing the Seal and the Manufactures listbox, but there was no speed differance.

Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super slow speed on Load of first click - Please check

Try analyzing your site via the following URL and see whether the recommendations there help.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    Goh Koon Hoek, author of "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart".
    Printed book: www.lulu.com/content/10576284
    Electronic book and Errata: www.cucumbermedia.com/store

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's slow accessing your site after it's had no traffic for hours, then that slowdown is a result of your server's database engine having to dump out space from its cache to make room for the info for your site. It's a classic symptom of a poorly-tuned or slow MySQL server on a shared hosting account running on an overloaded server. You might try asking your hosting company to move you to a faster and less-crowded server, and get them to tune their MySQL settings to have more RAM available for query caching. If they don't know how to tune it more, run.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Part of the problem is the front page is over 400k - under 100 is ideal - speed =$$
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Interesting! I have read many post about problems with Godaddy. Seems to be slow on load even when there is people on the site or off. I was hoping the problem would be something I did, since my first Zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Super slow speed on Load of first click - Please check

I ran a test with removing all the pictures and turned off manufacture listbox and turned off featured products. Page did speed up, but was still 15 sec to load. I then called Go(Slow)Daddy after I put the page back together. They said it is running fine. Yaah fine if you are sitting at a T1 or T3! They said it is the SQL calls that needs to be optimized. I think they just want to get me off the phone at that point. I have been looking at the list of Zen preffered hosting, who has best price for the Speed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can find out the pricing by contacting the vendors directly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.