Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Anyone know how to align text for EZ pages from the Admin???

Two of my EZ pages are not aligned properly: website www.mymommyslove.com

Can I fix this from teh Admin instead of messing with padding from separate files?

Thanks,
    Theresa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone know how to align text for EZ pages from the Admin???

Which two are not aligned properly?

AFAIK there are no alignment tools in admin. Such things are dealt with almost exclusively in the stylesheet, which should affect all EZ pages equally. So that's why we need to know which pages are showing the problem, so we have some chance of seeing where the problem is coming from.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

the last two: local breastfeeding support and local moms group don't look right when you click on them.

Theresa

Plugin Contributions

If you go to the website: www.mymommyslove.com

and look at the top of the page, the web pages that open for home, log in, site map, about us, and privacy notice all open up okay and seem to be aligned properly. Example of proper page alignment:
    http://www.mymommyslove.com/index.ph...age=page&id=15

but if you click on contact us, local breastfeeding support, or local mom groups, then when you open the page everything looks pushed to the right. Example of incorrect page alignment:
    http://www.mymommyslove.com/index.ph...age=page&id=16

Can you please help me fix this?

thanks,
    Theresa

Plugin Contributions

Hi Theresa,

I'm going to go way out on a limb here. I think you're viewing your site in Internet Explorer v6 or v7. I can say that because I just viewed your site in several other browsers, both in Mac OS X and Win XP and it looks fine on all pages in all those browsers. But when I viewed it in IE8 (I don't have 6 or 7 locally) I could see, just for a second, that the left column jumped over into the middle of the page on each of those links you say are drawing wrong, but not on the other pages.

So it looks like you have one of the page drawing bugs that IE falls prey to, and that IE8 is partially able to deal with the problem.

There are a few common hacks that solve this bug. The most used one involves setting some main element -- say your centercolumn -- in the stylesheet to have a height (or a width) of 1%. This trick forces IE to calculate where everything belongs accurately. Other browsers make assumptions that IE is just unable to make, and they get it right most times, so pages that have this problem (from IE's perspective) appear fine in those browsers.

There are a couple of errors in the code which need to be fixed. Either could be a problem, though I'm seeing them on all pages. Look at the source code of the page in your browser. Find the word "contentMainWrapper". You'll see it appears twice though it's an ID, and IDs can only be used once in any page. Looks like you copied and pasted some code and didn't notice you were duplicating an ID. I believe you can simply change them both to a class instead, then find where they are styled in your stylesheet (might be more than one place) and change it from #contentMainWrapper to .contentMainWrapper so the styles will be applied properly.

Also, on the home page, find this...
    Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading">Welcome to My Mommy's Love! Your one-stop shop for breastfeeding supplies, nursing pillows, nursing covers, and so much more. We specialize in the latest and greatest breastfeeding and nursing supplies!<p>Already have an account??</p></h1>
    ...and move the <p> part outside of the <h1...> part, like this...
    Code:
    <h1 id="indexDefaultHeading">Welcome to My Mommy's Love! Your one-stop shop for breastfeeding supplies, nursing pillows, nursing covers, and so much more. We specialize in the latest and greatest breastfeeding and nursing supplies!</h1>
    <p>Already have an account??</p>
    You'll do that change using the Define Pages Editor under Tools in the admin.

That last one is not the source of the problem you're having, but you might as well fix it anyway. The second problem I pointed out may be causing poor old IE some grief. So fix that up and let me know and we'll go hunt down the first one I mentioned -- if we have to.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

I just ran your styelsheets through the CSS Validator at www.w3.org and it also threw a few errors. You might want to fix the more important of them while you're at it -- in particular the ones they identify as parse errors or lexical errors. (Don't worry about the warnings, just the errors.)

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Rob,
    Thank you SO MUCH for your replies! You are correct that I was using IE and when I looked at the website in Mozilla it was fine

So to get back to what you were saying....I did do some copy and pasting and made modifications to the stylesheet. I didn't know about the ID and classes thing (I'm just learning this as I go and I'm going to guess I made a lot of other errors in other places too!), and I didn't know I could check my sheet for errors (although even if I knew what the errors were I wouldn't exactly know how to fix them ).

Also, I can't seem to find the </p> error from the admin in the EZ pages. I thought that was in a header.php file I had to get off of the server. Should I be able to see that particular header from the admin? I can see the other stuff on the main page--just not that header.

And because I'm going to have so much of a learning curve to fix the errors that came up I can't help but ask if it is necessary for me to make the fixes.

Thanks,
    Theresa

Plugin Contributions

The duplicated contentMainWrapper IDs will cause a problem (but maybe not the problem.) I explained above how to fix it.

You should track down the P inside the H1 issue. If you can't see that in any of your admin edits, then yes, you'll have to find which file it's in in your local copy, fix it, and upload it back to the server. Do you have a text editor which is capable of multi-file searches? If not, you can use the search function in admin to do the same thing. It's at the bottom of admin/Tools/Store Manager.

When I search locally for h1 id="indexDefaultHeading" I find it in just one file: includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_default.php
    There was no P inside it of course. I wonder if you added that P tag when you entered the heading text in a language file?

HTH

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Rob,
    I am trying to fix the </p> error. I thought all I did was change the text in the "Congratulations you have successfully installed..." to "Welcome to My Mommy's Love......" so I went back to the includes/languages/english/header.php file that I edited and looked for what you were talking about. I wasn't able to find the <h1>. This is the file with my mods:

<?php
    /**
    * @package languageDefines
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: index.php 6550 2007-07-05 03:54:54Z drbyte $
    */

define('TEXT_MAIN','This is the main define statement for the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');

// Showcase vs Store
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Returning <span class="greetUser">customers</span> may <a href="%s">log in by clicking here</a>.');
    } else {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');
    }

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.');

//moved to english
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS','Featured Products');

//define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (zen_check_url_get_terms()) ) {
    // This section deals with product-listing page contents
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', 'Product Image');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');
    define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');
    define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');
    define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');
    define('TEXT_SHOW', 'Filter Results by:');
    define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');
    define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');
    define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');
    define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {
    // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to My Mommy\'s Love! Your one-stop shop for breastfeeding supplies, nursing pillows, nursing covers, and so much more. We specialize in the latest and greatest breastfeeding and nursing supplies!<p>Already have an account??</p>');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    }
    ?>

So then I looked at the site in Mozilla and used the ctrl+shift+E and I still couldn't find what you were talking about. Where did you find stuff you posted in the boxes that showed the </p> being misplaced?

Thanks,
    Theresa

Plugin Contributions

Right there at the bottom of your file, where it says...
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to My Mommy\'s Love! Your one-stop shop for breastfeeding supplies, nursing pillows, nursing covers, and so much more. We specialize in the latest and greatest breastfeeding and nursing supplies!<p>Already have an account??</p>');
    That define goes inside an H1 tag when the page is assembled by Zen Cart. And you've included a <p> ... </p> tagged sentence in it. So when the page is rendered you end up with what I copied earlier from the page source (from the browser).

Take those P tags out of that define and that problem, at least, will go away.

If you're trying to force a line break in that heading, you can use a BR tag inside an H1 and it won't be a problem. So replace the <p> with <br /> and delete the </p> part.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast